DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    what web page or book page number?

Do i star with 1,000 or 3,000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SirTristan View Post
    I have a core rule book Question,
    Specilailzation(Ghost)

ASSOCIATED SKILLS;Acrobatics and Stealth.
    when you use Stealth to make a trick attack,
    you gain a +1 Bonus to the skill check.

So you get a +1 to trick attack if you use Acrobatics or Stealth,but in the rule book it say to make a trick attack you use Bluff,Intimated or stealth check. I does not mention Acrobatics. So just Specialization (Ghost) can yours trick attack with Acrobatics? or is it just a +1 to Stealth and Acrobatics?
    CRB p 93: Just before making your attack, attempt a Bluff, Intimidate, or Stealth check (or a check associated with our specialization; see page 94)"

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    on chronicle sheet, i believe, it should be listed in awards for sub-tiers, top right corner.
    Correct. Usually it's around 150 % of the subtier 1-2 reward.

what web page or book page number?
    It's on the individual chronicle sheets, so you as a player wouldn't usually see it before you get your chronicle sheet.

Do i star with 1,000 or 3,000 ?

The server is up.

As things stand now we do not need to take a 20-30 min break, so we *should* be able to finish on time (technical issues are of course always possible).

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTristan
    I have a core rule book Question,
    Specilailzation(Ghost)

ASSOCIATED SKILLS;Acrobatics and Stealth.
    when you use Stealth to make a trick attack,
    you gain a +1 Bonus to the skill check.

So you get a +1 to trick attack if you use Acrobatics or Stealth,but in the rule book it say to make a trick attack you use Bluff,Intimated or stealth check. I does not mention Acrobatics. So just Specialization (Ghost) can yours trick attack with Acrobatics? or is it just a +1 to Stealth and Acrobatics?
    CRB p 93: Just before making your attack, attempt a Bluff, Intimidate, or Stealth check (or a check associated with our specialization; see page 94)"
    That's actually bad wording on the author's side. You can generally only use Bluff, Intimidate, or Stealth to make trick attacks. Other skills can only be used if it says so explicitly in the specialization's text (Daredevil, Detective, Explorer, Hacker, and Thief do have that language). Note that it says "a check associated with your specialization", not "your specialization's Associated Skills".
    A Ghost can only use Bluff, Intimidate, or Stealth for trick attacks, and if they use Stealth, they get a +1 bonus. Nowhere does it say they can use Acrobatics.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    That's actually bad wording on the author's side.
    yea, there's some of this in the rulebooks as they (i think in an attempt to future-proof for new rules) worded some things ambiguously to the point of confusion.

for, example, i was confused with the mystic healing touch ability:

Once per day, you can spend 10 minutes to magically heal an ally up to 5 Hit Points per mystic level.

the "up to" wording made it sound like there was another variable to consider besides the mystic level. i wasn't sure how to read the rule, but got clarification by paizo community board members here.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    That's actually bad wording on the author's side.
    Thanks for the information. That is indeed misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    the "up to" wording made it sound like there was another variable to consider besides the mystic level. i wasn't sure how to read the rule, but got clarification by paizo community board members here.
    Yeah, I can see it being used to prevent people from arguing overhealing but that's probably already prevented by the general heal rules.

Thanks for the game!
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Chronicle drafts sent. it was a little bit "cookie-cutter" but I hope everyone still had fun.

The next game is either going to be on SAT 6.30 PM GMT or on SUN 1.30 PM GMT. After that probably a holiday break for two weeks.

I was planning to do #1-16: Dreaming of the Future but it might be too similar to this one, so I haven't decided on a scenario yet.

Thread Information