STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Readability

Readability

I just recently got Fantasy grounds for use with Starfinder. I have even bought all the core Modules and am working on getting all the adventure paths for it as well. The readability on a standard 1080p monitor is horrible. Everything is blurry. I have adjusted and readjusted windows scalability as well as UI scaling in FG Everything is still blurry. Is there a mod or some trick to get the text more readable. Here is an example This is on my desktop pc with 2 28 inch monitors. on my 17 inch laptop it is far worse.

Blurry.jpg

I love Fantasy Grounds. Please help

Try using one of the Big Fonts extensions. Here and Here
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OH my gosh. Thankyou. That helped so much. I was even able to scale my UI down to 75 and everything is still very readable.

This is what I see on a 1080p monitor with no Windows display scaling and FG /scaleui set at 100.

Assuming your screenshot was taken at the native resolution, comparing my FG text to yours in the screenshot it appears to be a little smaller than mine - maybe 90% scaling. Can you double check your Windows display settings scaling is 100% and FG is using scaleui of 100?

Other than that - go to Windows display settings -> Advanced scaling settings - and set "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry". Note that this only works on your main monitor.

You may also have some settings you can tweek in your graphics card specific settings application. For example - if I have some anti-aliasing settings (usually found in 3D settings) the text can look bad until I mouse over the text in FG - see the two screenshots below.

1) - With "Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing" application settings, you can see that all of the text loses clarity:

2) But when I mouse over the text near the cursor is made clearer:

And if I turn off "Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing" (and restart FG) I get the clear text shown in the first screenshot - whether I'm mousing over or not.

You will usually need to completely restart FG when playing with these advanced graphics settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 4th, 2018 at 17:04.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

Other than that - go to Windows display settings -> Advanced scaling settings - and set "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry". Note that this only works on your main monitor.
    I thought this was a bit of a joke. But I see that it actually exists
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information