STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    As a GM that runs most of my games live having all the Hindrances/Edges in one source is something I really like. I am currently running Hell on Earth and the need to reference three sources (core book, setting book, setting companion) to make a character has proven rather frustrating. I finally gave up and copy/pasted a text document with all the HoE stuff. This way I can just had a player the core book and my printout and they have all they need.

As for the OP, I have picked up books from other settings without the main setting book. Usually it is for the critters or story ideas but I plan on putting them into a different setting. (Maybe home brew, maybe published.) When I do this though any setting specific rules I either ignore or, more often, adapt to the setting it will be used in. The best example of this is the Rippers adventure Death on Dartmoor that I put into my HoE campaign. Several points are all about the Night Guard trying to get loot, instead I made it the Doombringers and it worked rather well. I just have to be aware of the fact that I may not have critical details and will need to work around them.

(Side note: I have picked up the Rippers setting now and really want to play in it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Erolat View Post
    As a GM that runs most of my games live having all the Hindrances/Edges in one source is something I really like. I am currently running Hell on Earth and the need to reference three sources (core book, setting book, setting companion) to make a character has proven rather frustrating.
    Open those 3 modules in the campaign then use the sidebar Edges and Hindrances buttons to display a list of all of the relevant records. This is what those sidebar buttons are designed for - to give direct access to all of the records available in the campaign. You can filter them by source, rank or a few letters from the name.

Accessing records from the library is specifically designed to give you just the records in the specific product you're accessing.

In this case ("having all the Hindrances/Edges in one source") is achievable - if you use the desktop sidebar buttons. Access them and turn them on/off from the top of the library window if they're not currently available in the sidebar.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    In addition, there's a "new" [By Type] button on the master Edges window (which none of us were told about LOL, so only the SWD Players Guide is currently working with it) which groups every edge in the master window by its type "Background Edge, Combat Edge," and so forth.

I'm in the process of updating Lankhmar and Deadlands Noir to support this; the other DLC Developers will jump on theirs ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Open those 3 modules in the campaign then use the sidebar Edges and Hindrances buttons to display a list of all of the relevant records. This is what those sidebar buttons are designed for - to give direct access to all of the records available in the campaign. You can filter them by source, rank or a few letters from the name.

Accessing records from the library is specifically designed to give you just the records in the specific product you're accessing.

In this case ("having all the Hindrances/Edges in one source") is achievable - if you use the desktop sidebar buttons. Access them and turn them on/off from the top of the library window if they're not currently available in the sidebar.
    Oh, I know how to do it in FG. But like I said I end up running most of my games... Hmmm. I said "live" and that might have been the confusion. I meant "in person", as in at my local store as opposed to on-line.

Blog Entries
    I had a feeling that's what you actually meant, but "just in case..."

Quote Originally Posted by Erolat View Post
    Oh, I know how to do it in FG. But like I said I end up running most of my games... Hmmm. I said "live" and that might have been the confusion. I meant "in person", as in at my local store as opposed to on-line.
    Simple solution. Buy the products on FG and take FG with you on a laptop!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information