STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 26 First 123412 ... Last
    Looking forward to the adventuring continuing in the new year!

Fellowship actions, in rank order, The Trailman would like to take:
    1. Open Sactuary at Laketown
    2. Study up on Herbs
    3. Go to market to get a better musical instrument

Definitely agree with opening a sanctuary since we've continuing our adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolarhyde View Post
    Definitely agree with opening a sanctuary since we've continuing our adventures.
    It turns out Esgaroth (Laketown) already starts as a sanctuary for characters, according to the rules on page 193:

“At the beginning of the game, there is only one place that adventurers may consider already a sanctuary: the town of Esgaroth on the Long Lake. Other locations may be gained access to by visiting them and choosing the Open New Sanctuary undertaking (see page 199).”

Does this have your blessing, Valarian?

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    It turns out Esgaroth (Laketown) already starts as a sanctuary for characters, according to the rules on page 193:

“At the beginning of the game, there is only one place that adventurers may consider already a sanctuary: the town of Esgaroth on the Long Lake. Other locations may be gained access to by visiting them and choosing the Open New Sanctuary undertaking (see page 199).”

Does this have your blessing, Valarian?
    Yes
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Another follow up question: is there reputation the successful adventurers gain in Laketown or among the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain for being able to rescue two such notable dwarves, Oin and Balin? Or perhaps favor with Gloin? (Okay if not--just wondering if there's a mechanism in game for this.)

This is supposed to be what Standing and Patron mechanics are for. I don't think Standing as written does adequately reflect reputation gained during adventure phases. In the past, I've used a reputation mechanic similar to standing, which is culture specific but helps with encounters with those cultures - though it can hinder encounters with other cultures. In other games, I've occasionally added an undertaking after a number of adventures working for the same culture (e.g. Patron or Receive Title).
    Last edited by Valarian; December 11th, 2018 at 06:51.

Clarification: the rules state that there is only one action per Fellowship phase, regardless of whether you're located in a sanctuary or not. The exception is during a winter phase or another period ruled as especially long by the Loremaster (GM). SOOooooo... all of us PCs should be picking one Fellowship action and making it count (unless our Loremaster bestows Favor of the VALARian upon us )

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    (unless our Loremaster bestows Favor of the VALARian upon us )
    Someone finally noticed where that handle/alias comes from. My megalomania kicking in

To the group: for the third adventure (in Feb/March), I'm proposing to run a published adventure (unless another player prefers to do so, in which case I'll defer). Playing through the adventure series in Tales From Wilderland, beginning with "Don't Leave the Path" makes good sense to me. Would that work for everyone?

Thread Information