DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 26 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolarhyde View Post
    I forgot to write down how much current XP and AP Beli has. And I don’t recall all my specific skills. How can I get a copy of my char sheet?
    I've also now updated The One Ring Characters PDF file in the game files folder.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thanks!

For the new adventures, I highly recommend the rules for Taking Courage as set forth in the Adventurers Companion at page 104. Is Lifstan's new character going to utilize the Heroic Heritage from the Revised Rules at page 282?

During Saxulf's recovery in Dale, Nemir visited him and slipped him the letter that she wrote to him when he was feverish, so that he would find it when he woke. While she was away from her companions, she also began to write a song of lamentation inspired by the tragic tale found in the old texts that she translated with Saxulf.

Nemir's letter to Saxulf: "My dear Saxulf, I am writing this in the hope you live to read it, as you've been a good friend in the short time we've been travelling together. You professed your love to me in your feverish haze the night that I told you about the end of the quenyan verse and, while I don't know whether you meant it, my mind lingered on it. You believe me to be a princess of Mirkwood but I should tell you that I am merely the daughter a noble sindar elf who travelled east with the late king Oropher. A friend of the crown but not a relative. Knowing this, I hope your opinion of me hasn't lessened. I care about you, melon-nin (which means: my friend), and I promised you that I'd teach you elvish someday. My promise holds. This being said, my heart yearns for adventure and I hope that, unlike my kin, you understand this. However, I will always return to a place I call home and I will not forget you, I promise. - Your elven lady, Nemir."
    Last edited by Poppyseed; January 18th, 2020 at 13:54.

Really fantastic, Nemir!

Really superb job with this in-character post, Poppyseed! Bravo!

The companions gain an audience with the King upon returning to Dale, returning the relics, telling him of the treasure they found and the dwarves that lay claim to some if not all of it, and telling him about the orc raiding party they encountered and the threat to the north. Nemir mentioned the scrolls that she translated with Saxulf and read part of it out, enough to give the idea that it was a romantic story hidden in lore, and the Queen seemed pleased, inviting Nemir to read the rest to her later.

The companions go to a tavern and were introduced to Euric and Leaf Sole, who had arrived in Dale after travelling from the east, where the Woodmen and Beornings dwell. They quickly became friendly over several rounds of pints, as Nemir and Beli banter about their journey and Euric shares a tale about himself, and since they appear to be travelling the same way, the companions offer to travel together and it's agreed on.

Nemir shares her translations with the Queen and secures a friendship and potential line of influence, should she need it. She also asks around to be told what will be done about the threat to the north once a decision has been made, planning to send this decision to Prince Legolas through a letter as she promised, and to imply through the letter she could be useful if he wanted to give a message to the King about the threat. Nemir spends the week of waiting offering counsel at the royal court, having laid her song to the side temporarily, and practises the communication with nature she saw and experienced during their trip through Mirkwood. In addition to this, Nemir thinks up a list of names for her woodland bow, something that has served her well throughout her travels, settling on the name "Tyelca", a name she got when translating her Quenyan texts meaning 'Swift'.

Beli and Beldan fight for Frar's claim to the treasure they found and Nemir, though trying to stay out of it, does say that her companions give good points, and Frar is given the treasure with the condition that he doesn't use it for war or trouble.

Another very nice write up, thank you Poppyseed. I have a backlog of screen shots to post that will eventually be here to supplement your narratives.

The companions journey back up to the grey mountain narrows but Beldan, exploring ahead, comes across four hobgoblins. He stands his ground against them, shouting in kuzdul and attacking, which the rest of the companions hear and begin to navigate to where he is.

Nemir quickly finds a perch that she could stand to shoot the hobgoblins and the others find their way down to where Beldan is but before they could reach him, Beldan was knocked unconscious. Seeing the companions running toward them, the hobgoblins decide to cut their losses and leave, with two of them dragging Beldan with them. Euric charging in on his horse saved Beldan from being killed, along with a well-placed arrow from Nemir, and the two hobgoblins drop Beldan.

Unhappy with the fact that they'd been seemingly robbed of a proper battle, Euric, Leaf Sole, and Beli chase after them, much to the exasperation of Nemir, who tries her best to get down from her perch and follow them while Achernar and his sister tend to Beldan. Leaf Sole gets poisoned from the weapons of one of the hobgoblins as the smaller group encounter them again, and Beli kills one but the hobgoblins flee again and are gone by the time Nemir arrives.

They group up again and find a safe space to heal wounds and regain energy and decide to stay there for the night, not knowing when they might find a similar area. Nemir voices her frustrations and worry at Beli but they both marvel at how Beldan managed to hold his ground and survive when completely outnumbered. She also tries to teach Beli the correct pronounciation of a few elvish words that he tried to say to light an elvish lantern earlier in the battle but he remarks that he might need fancy shoes like Nemir to be able to say it properly, earning a laugh from her.

Thread Information