STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Great to hear you and your loved ones passed the End check with bravour! It is so nice to have you back.

For my part, I would like to see ships and ship combat implemented as I will put my campaign in that tight spot, soon. ��

Not sure yet, if I'll switch to 2E. I find 1E quite refined tbh and a single target number with modifiers is a great way to play imho. But ofc this is always a matter of taste, habit and preference i assume.

My players and I love what you have done so far and we all are releaved to have you back!
    Cya
    Hey Lord,

Thanks for your work.

I love 1E as well myself, soooooooo much old stuff out there, I would love to bring to FG (ie The Third Imperium).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hello,

I wanted to finish 1E off first, as 2E is based on it, just Mongoose want me to finish 2E these days.

I've emailed FG to find out if Starfinder has finished the develop for Starships, if they have then I can start added that into Traveller/WOiN. If not, then I need a bit more time to start on it, but it's going to happen as some time as I need the Starships myself.

About Psionics, I plan on adding them as 'Skills/Power', the issue is that in Traveller you get all the skills/powers within one Talent, and the Talent has the total DM for each skill/power. So I could look at added them as 'Talents' which if you drag to your character it adds all of the 'skills/powers' for each Talent.

About Trading. I'd like to add the Trade in Tables, but if you think we can create a system for trade, then let me know more. I do most of this by hand (still) from the books and in advance if I think my players will be trading.

So let me know about these thinks, and thanks for the reply.

However it works out I'm just happy to hear from you that it's not the end... merely a brief pause.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Hi.

I can totally see Mongoose wanting 2E over 1E as they likely want to support their existing product. Would it be possible to take your 1E code and update it to 2E functionality and then add a secondary .pak or extension to downgrade it (sort of like what they are doing with Savage World). That actually might be the optimal, as 2E really should be the main ruleset and 1E just a legacy support (imho). I'd pay for a 2E upgrade, not sure about everyone else but I'd rather be using 2E in the first place.

I'd be happy with a ship sheet, ship combat can wait. I don't think they are any further with starships in Starfinder than they were 6 months ago. I don't do a whole lot of ship to ship combat but a lot of things do take place on the ship. Another thing might be porting the starship deckplans from the core rules into the set.

I figured that psionics might need to come from multiple angles cause that is sort of how they do it in Traveller these days. However it works best.

I was thinking that a full featured trading system would be the end of the rainbow sort of request, but I prefaced my lists with in a perfect world requests. I'd be more than happy with rollable tables.

Well, if Mongoose wants 2E done and if it's a PIA to build on both rulesets, I personally would bow to that decision and switch to the new ruleset.
    Because I'ld rather have one full ruleset without compromises, polished and finished, than two half rulesets and a poor programmer being torn inbetween...

Just my thoughts on that.

May want to talk to Ikael about it. He's doing the new edition of Savage Worlds (SWADE) as the base ruleset with the current ruleset (SWD) being a new layered ruleset on top. That seems to be the preferred route these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    May want to talk to Ikael about it. He's doing the new edition of Savage Worlds (SWADE) as the base ruleset with the current ruleset (SWD) being a new layered ruleset on top. That seems to be the preferred route these days.
    I spoke to Doug about it, going to do the same as CoC6e and CoC7e, a bit more work for me, but I'm ok with that.

Cheers
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Blog Entries
    By all means, talk to Ikael about it, that's essentially how he's handling SWADE as well, and it will have some functions so that it will be able to use all the existing SWD DLC so that we're not panicking trying to upgrade everything. Pop by the FG Discord, any of us will be happy to chat and help out and Ikael is always willing to help out.

Great to see you back at the Helm so to speak, Solving the various niggles is a high priority, once done can be quickly to the other system as they are only minor differences. Personally I prefer 1E over 2E.

As there is currently more 1E material I would have thought that Mongoose would prefer that material first as extra sales (cash is cash, after all) which they could then pump into 2nd ed, but I don't move in those lofty circles.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Great to see you back at the Helm so to speak, Solving the various niggles is a high priority, once done can be quickly to the other system as they are only minor differences. Personally I prefer 1E over 2E.

As there is currently more 1E material I would have thought that Mongoose would prefer that material first as extra sales (cash is cash, after all) which they could then pump into 2nd ed, but I don't move in those lofty circles.
    I'm pretty sure that if given an option Mongoose will always go with support for their current product first and legacy second.

With a lot of products I'd agree wholeheartedly, but think about it this way, old product line has 50 items to sell, new product line has 10, we are using a new format so the "old" established line will be familiar and sell again, to the same audience. So if there are more products to sell in a new format which will generate more revenue?

Essentially you have access to a new market stream, with many products to support it, as 1E has those products already, establish the market then upgrade, simple volume sales.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    With a lot of products I'd agree wholeheartedly, but think about it this way, old product line has 50 items to sell, new product line has 10, we are using a new format so the "old" established line will be familiar and sell again, to the same audience. So if there are more products to sell in a new format which will generate more revenue?

Essentially you have access to a new market stream, with many products to support it, as 1E has those products already, establish the market then upgrade, simple volume sales.
    I agree that there are more 1E books than 2E but I found 1E books to be so uneven and inconsistent that I eventually stopped playing MGT and wrote my own system. I like 2E though, so far they've managed to keep all the rules fairly even and consistent.

I'm pretty sure that Mongoose wants to focus on 2E which is why the older books aren't in print anymore. They can still be gotten via DTRPG and such but that is just free money without any time or effort. If they get behind an expansion of the 1E FG system into all those other books it would take so much time they'd be on 3E before they even got started on 2E.

If they start now with 2E and get it solid it supports their flagship where all their development money is going. Especially with what appears to be the plan which is to develop a core 2E ruleset that has a reverse option to 1E compatibility. That gives the best of both worlds and allows for development by other developers in either edition they choose to support.

Thread Information