5E Character Create Playlist

Help With Fantasy Grounds Rolls Offline at Table

Hello,

I currently use fantasy grounds offline at the table for my D&D game. I am running into a problem since people handle their own character sheets the combat tracking has become a little tedious with having to manual assign wounds and if something has resistance it can slow down the game.

I was wondering if there was a way to be able to cast spell or use weapon outside of the character sheets. It would be nice if I could just click spells find the spell the character is using and just roll the dmg from there. But I do not think that Fantasy Grounds supports that.

Or is there an extension out there where I could just enter the amount of damage and damage type and have it apply it to the target.

Thanks!

Turn on "manual rolls" in the options. Then click the damage, enter the amount of the die roll, and it will apply everything correctly.

I do have manual rolls on but I was wondering if I could add on the damage type to that. For example say the party was fighting a troll I would love to be able make damage from the manual fire if a character uses fire bolt for example so it would not still regenerate. And since the character sheets are basically empty the characters don't have any spells in there sheets.

There's no way to add "roll type" or any other roll type specific modifiers to a roll in the manual rolling system.

However, the system is set up, such that if you trigger a manual roll from an action on one of the sheets (such as weapons, spells, etc.), the manual roll value is added to the existing roll information. (including damage type, etc.) You would need to set up the PCs to have all the necessary rolls, and just poke in the numbers as the rolls are triggered.

If you are not using any of the sheets, just adjust the initiative and wounds manually in the tracker, and bypass the rolling system completely.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information