FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    depending on what “unknown” class would be, it seems i could supplement and round out party with one of these pregens: medic (healer), strategist/social (envoy), or skill monkey/pilot (operative).

thoughts?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    depending on what “unknown” class would be, it seems i could supplement and round out party with one of these pregens: medic (healer), strategist/social (envoy), or skill monkey/pilot (operative).

thoughts?
    I believe I'm the unknown. I was mistaken on the number of eligible PC I have in this tier so I'm looking at either a level 6 ysoki operative or a pregen. My preference is the operative but fine with either if the group prefers something else.
    Last edited by Talen; November 28th, 2018 at 15:46.

this is a sub-tier 3-4 — can you bring in a level 6?
    -----

this is a sub-tier 3-4 — can you bring in a level 6?
    Sure. But it's not the best option to do so. Playing down makes it rather easy for a high level character and possibly steals some spotlight from the low-level characters. Also, when playing down, the character gains less credits than they could within their own subtier.
    Generally speaking, any character that fits in the total level-range of a scenario's tier can play, but as I said, it can unbalance the game a bit.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Alright, one operative then.

Well, there's almost nothing for me too add.

Yes, it's subtier 3-6, so any PC in that range can play. As it is highly unlikely that the Average Party Level is enough for subtier 5-6 it will be subtier 3-4 however. That means the ysoki would have to play down.

As long as the ysoki doesn't make ALL the skill rolls I would be fine with it. Just bear in mind that 1. the ysoki would get less credits (compared to playing in-tier) and 2. the scenario will probably be a little bit easier.

So while in general I wouldn't recommend it for every game, playing one game with one out-of-tier-PC should still be fine.

Edit: While healers can be nice in SF, they are in no way required in my experience.

AHA! Did not realize the sanction docs for Against the Aeon Throne have been out - turns out I DO have a level 3 Kasatha Mystic. I will post ITS Log, last chronicle and xml before Saturday.

thoughts?
    The envoy would probably be most helpful. Between my technomancer and the mechanic we have the tech skills pretty well covered and it looks like there is no space combat in this one. But of course play a character you are interested in - we ran a couple of groups recently with an almost comical lack of social skills, and while it was not ideal, we were able to complete the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnhurd View Post
    The envoy would probably be most helpful. ...almost comical lack of social skills, and while it was not ideal, we were able to complete the scenario.
    haahaa. pregen envoy4, it is then. (surprised you didn't opt for a healer).
    -----

Here is the xml and ITS for Volox- 3rd level Mystic. Ill send the last chronicle before game time after I scan it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Talen; December 1st, 2018 at 16:59. Reason: Added last chronicle

The server is up.

As I accidently clicked "generate new alias" you might have to update the FG alias (see game calendar).

Thread Information