DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Backed!
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

That's awesome thank you sirkerry - I've just added some new tables to it, large and small treasure and am about to add 99+ pieces of Dungeon Decor in preparation for dungeonscape descriptions.

(Posting from my phone. Sorry for brevity and no screenshots.)

The section I quoted is still there: "You can use it from your phone, tablet or PC with no additional cost..."

To find it do a CTRL+F in your web browser and search for "phone".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    (Posting from my phone. Sorry for brevity and no screenshots.)

The section I quoted is still there: "You can use it from your phone, tablet or PC with no additional cost..."

To find it do a CTRL+F in your web browser and search for "phone".
    thats a neat trick - ok, I was mistaken and it Was written twice, thanks Trenloe I got it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    thats a neat trick - ok, I was mistaken and it Was written twice, thanks Trenloe I got it this time.
    Cool bananas.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello everyone We're nearly there and I really appreciate all of your support. Hopefully a visit on Rob Twohy and Laerun's 'All Things Fantasy Grounds' stream show on the 12th Dec will bring in a surge of new backing. It is a noticeably slower time for Kickstarters in Nov-Dec due to pressures of Xmas, new Years, Holidays etc but I believe we'll get over the line soon and we don't need much to do it.

Regardless I have been working on some new features to add to the Electronic Squareware.

Decor

200 possible decor features for dungeons have been added, inc a small and large treasure table.

Directional XY

More advanced details on where in particular a random object, tool, treasure. feature, sound, trap, even npcs.etc appears in relation to the PC - with directional capability for X and Y dimensions meaning things might be generated beside you, to your left, a long way off from you, or a certain number of feet in a given direction. it might also occur above or below you as well - giving generated objects random movements within 3d space making for far more interesting rooms and descriptions. Cardinal directions are also featured now.

Weapon Attack Descriptions

Suggested by James at Smiteworks when I showed him SW, I'm working on adding numerous descriptions the DM can generate to suit particular weapons and severity of attack. Detailing these is one of my natural strengths as a DM so it didn't occur to me to add it - but he asked - and I think its definitely a great extra feature to add. All of these extra bits can give a DM the option to fire off a result and buy time to think about what comes next without slowing the pace.

Traps

Still in progress - but a staple requirement for D&D I will be adding

APC AI

Now, one of the more annoying things I have noticed as a new DM is the absence of a player can at best delay a planned game, at worst cancel it. My tendency has been to move toward a more sand-box approach and think on ways to bypass this disruption should I be planning a campaign or even a long one-shot and I don't have a) enough players or b) a missing player. One solution I have devised to meet this challenge seems to me the most practical - but certainly one of the most ambitious. I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of the GM'd PC - I've heard it in passing and its when a GM takes over a PC, with mixed results and appreciation from players naturally. What I am attempting to do, and add to squareware, is create an Artificial PC with quasi-controlled AI that can step in to fill any gaps that prevent me from running a game because I am minus a player.

While free-form roleplay and involvement by the GM playing a PC is understandably a contentious issue - I plan to create the means for a PC to roll reactions in general and specific circumstances that govern what they do. How they do it, is over to the GM's creativity to fill in the blanks - but the instructions of the roll must be followed as that APC's course of action. To limit the mechanicality of going through the motions I am buildng an AI that can have changeable moods, comments in and for various situations, movement patterns, and attempting a very low-key experimental form of AI that will allow me (And You) to 'fudge' a PC when there isn't one. These core guidelines will run the PC without GM bias - with the GM simply creatively carrying them out as the dice instruct. While I have been developing concept such as 'Rapid-Shots' , 'Long-Shots' and other creative ways to approach playing D&D, I consider APCAI an 'emergency' service that will enable almost any show to go on.

Kind Regards,

Kris

Wow, very ambitious, Kris. Good luck. That will definitely limit it to 5e.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Wow, very ambitious, Kris. Good luck. That will definitely limit it to 5e.
    For now. For the 3rd time I just read the FG Manual cover to cover, then directly after that the full PHB. I took a break got some sleep, digested it. And am now halfway through the DMG. It's not my intent to limit Squareware to 5e - but it is the system with which I am most familiar and is most popular. I have my own system as well - but I intend to learn Coc, PF and SW as I have played in those systems as a Player and enjoyed them very much, so I will still need suitable squareware branches to cover those same criteria when I start learning, running, streaming and then teaching those rulesets in 2019.

COC is probably the most exciting genre type I've seen as I am a super-fan of Lovecraft but I also enjoyed SW and I like the 3.5e style complexity and depth of everything in Pathfinder which is a more realistic simulator than D&D. I see no reason why I can't update squareware with these rule systems as I have a licensed product - but to do it now when I know virtually nothing of them would be redundant. But the first half of 2019 should see them added.

Blog Entries
    You are really close to funding. I am in, like all of your KS.

For those that do not know, Kris has many kickstarters delivered on time with high quality.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    You are really close to funding. I am in, like all of your KS.

For those that do not know, Kris has many kickstarters delivered on time with high quality.
    Very close. We'll get there, hopefully stay there, so thanks for your support Myrdin!. This is also good for FG who take a very decent percentage of any Electronic Squareware sold as its an officially licensed product.

Thread Information