DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    This looks very cool. If you can port it over to Pathfinder, I will buy it in a heartbeat. I realize that the whole "lamp is a lamp" argument, but in the pathfinder game I run, unless I can quick show the maps and the like, it takes away the whole "on the fly" concept as I generate on one session using 5e and cannot directly port it over to PF.

Thanks Trenloe

Hi Aometora, the majority of Squareware uses 'lamp is a lamp' features, such as ambient description, objects, food, drink, treasure etc - but you're right, the fundamental world of pathfinder is different to 5e, inc stats, npcs/creatures, weapons, and tech so of the 500+ tables in Squareware, prob 25% would require some alteration. It will also require me to be familiar with PF or/and PF2, and/or choose between PF or PF2. Which takes time to read, learn and table. it would also require me to raise funds to buy me time to work on it - but I am already committed to releasing an Alpha-Version of the 5e SQW which requires monitoring feedback and making changes for a re-release and also have a huge new project, Meanders 4: Fantasy Cities, several large impending commissions, and am assembling token packs and other tools for FG. I played a single game of PF1 as a PC and saw how different it is from 5e, especially tactical depth and complexity-wise - so its not simply a matter of porting either, fundamental changes to the way I have set things up would need their own expansions and require being approached differently in numerous cases. You're the second person to ask for a PF version, so I'm not sure of the demand for it either. Regardless, I want to perfect the 5e version before I move to one that is more complex.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

What about attempting to use the extension that lets you load other system modules?

Having entered my own modules and the like into FG, I COMPLETELY understand what an undertaking it is, and I can only imagine the tie-ins that would require updating if you were to port that over to one of those two systems. I am utterly amazed at what you have done so far from the video and the like I have looked at regarding this product. I realize PF (1) is on the way out now that PF (2) seems strong in beta almost release, but it is a system I like and Paizo has a ton of my money for this system.

So, even if the nitty-gritty doesn't translate over (npc stats, magic items, etc), the maps and descriptions would be grand. Do you know if in FG that this could work under a campaign in the PFRPG ruleset?

Alpha-version will be submitted approx 10th march which will fix a few things in the beta-test version currently out, meanwhile TERROR FORMER, which generates terrifying monsters in a process similar to Squareware will be coming onto the store soon too. I will complete my mission with 5e before attempting PF or any other ruleset.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

So, I just bought this Squarewave thing for Fantasy Grounds hoping it will help with my DMing. It looks amazing by the way--but I somehow missed the part where it says it was for D&D5e, and the game I'm running is for Pathfinder, which this doesn't show up in. So does this mean I now have a useless thing sitting in my Fantasy Grounds E5 files? Any advice?
    Last edited by fmmm1000; May 15th, 2019 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by fmmm1000 View Post
    So, I just bought this Squarewave thing for Fantasy Grounds hoping it will help with my DMing. It looks amazing by the way--but I somehow missed the part where it says it was for D&D5e, and the game I'm running is for Pathfinder, which this doesn't show up in. So does this mean I now have a useless thing sitting in my Fantasy Grounds E5 files? Any advice?
    Try this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension It will allow you to at least load the module in a PF campaign. You may get errors/strange functionality for 5E specific "stuff", but you should be able to utilise the system agnostic functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Please post how this works. if it's worth a darn, i will gladly pony up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aometora View Post
    Please post how this works. if it's worth a darn, i will gladly pony up for this.
    See the link in the first post.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension It will allow you to at least load the module in a PF campaign. You may get errors/strange functionality for 5E specific "stuff", but you should be able to utilise the system agnostic functionality.
    Thanks! Looks like the only thing getting errors so far are the monster stat sheets, but those would need to be changed for my game anyway. I haven't tried the APC thing yet.
    Last edited by fmmm1000; May 15th, 2019 at 22:42.

Thread Information