5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Alryon View Post
    Ah... I figured it out! That's what "shift" is for!
    Exactly
    See post #43 (a few posts up this page) where I describe what all of those options do.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Wow, I forgot I'd provided a fix for this one!
    Basic tutorial:
    1. Load extension into campaign
    2. Open Calendar via button in upper right
    3. Click icon of moon in upper left of calendar window (must already have a calendar set up)
    4. Click edit and then add a moon (allows worlds with multiple moons--very cool!)
    5. Close moons list and click a day on the calendar to see what the lunar phase is for that day

Options:
    • Period: how many solar days it takes to repeat the lunar cycle
    • Duration: how long the full moon and new moon last (for things like lycanthropy that may only last a single night)
    • Shift: move the entire lunar cycle forward/backward to align with other events like holidays

Pretty sure all of this is correct but please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Too bad the "shift" option doesn't exist within the calendar to permit what day a given year starts on. For instance, a campaign set in 1920 would have New Year's Day start on a Thursday. That shift option would be wonderful.

Hey, guys.
    It's weird. The calendar always starts on a New Moon?
    I still can't figure it out; can't make it work for Faerun...
    Last edited by pablomaz; September 15th, 2021 at 00:05.

Quote Originally Posted by pablomaz View Post
    Hey, guys.
    It's weird. The calendar always starts on a New Moon?
    I still can't figure it out; can't make it work for Faerun...
    Use the shift option
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/172/view

FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Hi bmos,

Can you add GURPS; even though it is based on Core, it doesn't show up for me.

Thanks!
    Anybody want a peanut!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik Buttercup View Post
    Hi bmos,

Can you add GURPS; even though it is based on Core, it doesn't show up for me.

Thanks!
    Are you using the version from the Forge?
    It doesn't have any ruleset definitions, so it should show up everywhere as "Feature: Moon Tracker"

You know what... I forgot to update after I loaded that and some others into my account ....

nothing to see here... move along...

(walks away in shame)

I did get an error, but after I reloaded it without a couple of others the moon was in the calendar (there was no calendar loaded when I first added the extension -- I think it was a button error); works now

edit:
    Just trying to recreate it, and find out which other extension I'm loading is making it NOT show up in another place
    Last edited by Fezzik Buttercup; March 27th, 2022 at 23:42. Reason: to save forum posts
    Anybody want a peanut!

This is a fantastic extension. I'm running an Eberron campaign and there's 12 moons to keep track of. One thing I noticed, it seems there's a cap for duration to 6 days. Probably a niche ask but is there a way to increase that amount? According to the tool that I was using to track the moons outside of FGU, Lharvion is on a 98 day cycle and has 9 days full and 9 days new. It doesn't matter how high a number I put into the duration box, it limits it to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Wonder View Post
    This is a fantastic extension. I'm running an Eberron campaign and there's 12 moons to keep track of. One thing I noticed, it seems there's a cap for duration to 6 days. Probably a niche ask but is there a way to increase that amount? According to the tool that I was using to track the moons outside of FGU, Lharvion is on a 98 day cycle and has 9 days full and 9 days new. It doesn't matter how high a number I put into the duration box, it limits it to 6.
    Have you added this from the Forge? I looked through the code and don't see any mention of a 6 day maximum...

Thread Information