DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question Giant Monster Manual for 5E--mistake?

I've been compiling a monster manual module for my 5E stuff that contains every NPC from every book, with all detail text, tokens, full body pics, etc.

So far I've entered in 574 NPCs, and when I export it, my FGU practically locks up for a good 30-40 seconds. The exported module is currently 115 MB, but opens in FGU within 3-4 seconds. As I'm planning to enter almost 2000 NPCs before I'm done, is there an upper limit on file size for this module that's going cause this to crash out?

I could split the MM up into core, supplements, settings, and adventures, just trying to determine if I need to start doing that instead.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Blog Entries
    I don't know where the limit is.
    My Undermountain module has about 350 NPCs plus other stuff, file size 181MB.
    The 1d6 Adventures Monster Compendium has over 400 NPCs. 1d6 Adventurers Monster Compendium (fantasygrounds.com)
    I think you are going to run into issues with the number of images before stat blocks.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, I'm assuming the long compile time is the images getting archived. Ultimately when building adventures I would just pull the NPCs I want out of this mega-MM and rarely have it loaded when running an actual game, so as long as it will export I guess I'll keep at it. I always export it after I finish adding a source (I'm doing Rime of the Frostmaiden atm) so I guess if it ever bails I'll split them up into smaller MMs.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

I doubt there is a limit except for memory. But it does take a while to export a sizeable module - especially one with a lot of large images.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I did something similar mostly to use my own npc tokens. I found that when I converted all the tokens to webp format it loads *much* faster and the module file size when way down since images make up most of the module file size.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I've been compiling a monster manual module for my 5E stuff that contains every NPC from every book, with all detail text, tokens, full body pics, etc.

So far I've entered in 574 NPCs, and when I export it, my FGU practically locks up for a good 30-40 seconds. The exported module is currently 115 MB, but opens in FGU within 3-4 seconds. As I'm planning to enter almost 2000 NPCs before I'm done, is there an upper limit on file size for this module that's going cause this to crash out?

I could split the MM up into core, supplements, settings, and adventures, just trying to determine if I need to start doing that instead.
    Not saying you going to do this but also there is a 100MB limit on the FORGE listed items.

Thread Information