DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

SRD modules for 13 Trueways

My first attempt at doing a class from the 13th Age SRD

I couldn't get Celestian's Author extension to produce a reference manual so players will have to rely on the story entries. The whole thing editable so feel free to make any corrections or improvements. I suggest for tracking the Commanders Command points you create a NPC in the combat tracker
    Attached Files Attached Files

I‘m willing to start converting the Monk class for 13th Age from the SRD, and will keep you posted here updating the status on it.

Great I will start another class, not sure what yet

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Great I will start another class, not sure what yet
    Druid? Only 50 pages... :-p

The Monk kicks in …

I checked with Simon from Pelgrane Press, if it is OK to proceed entering the classed from the SRD, and finally got permission:
    ... I‘d appreciate your feedback on my request to publish SRD content for 13th Age with the Fantasy Grounds 13th Age ruleset from Smiteworks on my own, as a community module to increase the availability of further content for it. A week ago I finished typing the Monk class into it for use with the 13th Age FG ruleset.
    I‘m pending putting it on the fantasy grounds forum (see below), waiting for your permission to do so. Even if others pointed out it should be OK, reading the legal conditions from Pelgrane Press on 13th Age, I want to be sure its not against any plans you might have. …

Simon Rogers: You have our permission.

So here we go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Targas; December 9th, 2018 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    The Monk kicks in …

I checked with Simon from Pelgrane Press, if it is OK to proceed entering the classed from the SRD, and finally got permission:
    ... I‘d appreciate your feedback on my request to publish SRD content for 13th Age with the Fantasy Grounds 13th Age ruleset from Smiteworks on my own, as a community module to increase the availability of further content for it. A week ago I finished typing the Monk class into it for use with the 13th Age FG ruleset.
    I‘m pending putting it on the fantasy grounds forum (see below), waiting for your permission to do so. Even if others pointed out it should be OK, reading the legal conditions from Pelgrane Press on 13th Age, I want to be sure its not against any plans you might have. …

Simon Rogers: You have our permission.

So here we go.
    Nice one! Good and polite of you to double-check with Pelgrane Press, so you're not stepping on any toes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Are these basically just the Feats and Powers of the classes? Or is there more to creating these than just that? I'm interested in plugging away at another class (perhaps the necro), but as I'm new to creating things in FG, I want to make sure I'm going about it the right way.

In essence, yes. However feats and powers are sometimes not 100% declared for which is which. The whole story section for the given class is included as well. Just download and open a module to see how it was structured. It would be helpful to understand where to place which kind of information, to have it look alike.

Thanks for the advice. I had opened the modules up in FG and wasn't seeing all the info that I was seeing in the raw XML, but I hadn't been looking in the Story section. There it is!

I'll review what you and hawkwind have done and use it as a base for what I work on.

Under the Story section in FG, I see a button for Templates. Would it be worth creating a template for future classes/stories?

Also, I see that hawkwind included a (blank) Reference Manual in his Commander Class. This is the first time I've seen a Reference Manual in FG....is that something worth building up or is the Story bits good enough?

Thread Information