FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Your security software should be set up to allow FantasyGrounds.exe (for gameplay) and FGUpdaterEngine.exe (for updating). The remaining FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe is just a helper for the engine to allow the updater to update itself.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Things change all the time without us knowing.

As your screenshot shows that the first download is timing out then this points to something in your setup blocking the download.

What programs is your AV allowing? Try disabling it fully for a short time.
    I disabled my AV (Bitdefender) for a short period, but still no dice unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Do you have any other security apps? Firewall, anti-malware, etc..

Do you have any website filtering or such (e.g. parental controls) on your Internet router?
    Nothing outside of Bitdefender and the normal Windows 7 stock programs. Bitdefender has taken over the firewall requirements, so the Win version is currently disabled automatically. Now that I have deleted the WOTC5EMMDELUXE I don't have access to the MM which is frustrating and it is not updating.

I am at a loss as to why this is going on.

There are a lot of things needed to be done to disable Bitdefender fully. See the steps needed here: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer...t/answer/3347/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe, I did follow those steps, but it is still failing at the same step

Blog Entries
    Atua if you would like me to have a look at it with you send me a pm.

Thanks for the offer damned, I will definitely chase that up with you. A little more information, I ran the update again and it seemed to update the PF2 information, but when it got to WOTC5EMMDELUXE again it failed, so there is definitely some sort of connection, but it is inconsistent with the one file so far. See the attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apologies for the double post, but I thought I would provide an update.

So, Damned was nice enough to have a poke around on my machine using screen connect to make sure my setup was ok. He checked the usual stuff (router, permissions, AV, licencing, connections back to the FG server, etc) but could not find why the download was failing. In a last ditch effort, we set up my VPN then performed the update and it seemed to work ok (we did not change anything else, just set up the VPN).

It was quite strange that that solved the issue (at least temporarily). When the next update comes out I will see if it has the same problems.

Still getting the same issues with the download refusing to work for patch 3.3.7, and this time attempting to download via my VPN does not seem to improve the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think it has all been suggested above. If the download is failing at the same point every time then that could point to something on your router such as flood protection or parental control. Also delete any and all rules in bitdefender and create a new one. Make sure also that your internet (in Windows) isn't set to metered or something similar which might put a hard limit on how much you can download. (I'm not even sure that was an option on Windows 7 to be fair). Other than that I can't think of anything specific.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information