5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Tokens

Tokens

So... i really hate the tokens FG uses by default... those circular flat tokens which usualy are a piece of the image on the monster manual...
    That explained... i will use this black friday to try and fix this problem buying the devin token bundles... those are amazing tokens, exactly the way i like it... top down and some sort of "3D' on them...
    i have 2 questions:
    1 - What is the easiest way to change my tokens, from the defaults to the ones i bought? Bcuz with all the devin bundles there is token for pretty much every creature...
    2 - When i change the tokens, are the tokens already scaled? Or you have to manually scale every token?

Thanks in advance!

First off you can't change the tokens in the Monster Manual permanently. You can only change the token of an NPC or an encounter full of NPCs in a campaign. If you wanted to change a token on an NPC from the MM you'll first need to make a copy of the NPC by drag/dropping it back into the NPC list. You'll then be able to edit it.

That said the way to do it is to unlock the NPC by clicking on the unlock button on the top right of the NPC sheet and then drag/drop your new token onto the existing one. You can also change the token in an encounter by again unlocking the encounter and then dragging the new token onto the token on the far left of the encounter next to the NPC name. You should be able to edit any NPCs in any of the adventure modules since they are not locked by default.

You don't need to worry about token scale at all as long as you have a grid on your map. The actual size of the token doesn't matter for scaling when you have a grid - it is the size of the NPC which counts. Medium and smaller creatures will take up one square a large one 4 squares etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I thought i had answered this xD seems my internet failed me or somethig xD

Well thanks for the answer Zacchaeus, you saved me a lot of money
    I tought once you changed the token it needed to be done only 1 time

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanun View Post
    I thought i had answered this xD seems my internet failed me or somethig xD

Well thanks for the answer Zacchaeus, you saved me a lot of money
    I tought once you changed the token it needed to be done only 1 time
    What I do for my game, is that I create an NPC group with a relevant name (and beginning with 00 so it is at the top of the NPC list and I don't need to go searching for it). I drag the NPCs that I plan to use into the group from the MM or other books. Then I tweak the tokens, un-identified names, and any stats that I feel need tweaking. Then I can unload the MM and the other books so they aren't cluttering my stories, NPCs, and other menus.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    What I do for my game, is that I create an NPC group with a relevant name (and beginning with 00 so it is at the top of the NPC list and I don't need to go searching for it). I drag the NPCs that I plan to use into the group from the MM or other books. Then I tweak the tokens, un-identified names, and any stats that I feel need tweaking. Then I can unload the MM and the other books so they aren't cluttering my stories, NPCs, and other menus.
    This is a very good practice, but would take me even more time to prepare e.e

This is a very good practice, but would take me even more time to prepare e.e
    It depends on how fast you are and how many you are doing at once, I only need a few minutes for a session.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    It depends on how fast you are and how many you are doing at once, I only need a few minutes for a session.
    I can already say that you are faster than me :v

Any chance you know if i can have access to the images of the tokens i bought? Would be cool

I can already say that you are faster than me :v

Any chance you know if i can have access to the images of the tokens i bought? Would be cool
    This will depend on where you bought them. If purchased via the Smiteworks store they are likely to be encrypted but from elsewhere possibly not. If you can access the modules they'll be in your modules folder in FGData.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This will depend on where you bought them. If purchased via the Smiteworks store they are likely to be encrypted but from elsewhere possibly not. If you can access the modules they'll be in your modules folder in FGData.
    Yea i got them via steam, and the mod is the devin mod pack... its probably encrypted then?

Yea i got them via steam, and the mod is the devin mod pack... its probably encrypted then?
    I don't know. As I say if you can find them in your modules folder in FGData then they are not encrypted; if the modules are in the vault folder in FGData then they are encrypted.

Thread Information