5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: Ptolus

Ptolus

Has anyone been following the progress of Monte Cook's Ptolus? Comes out in August. I downloaded the Player's Guide today and read it. It reads like it is going to be an awsome setting.

Yes, many of us have been. It does look like an amazing product, but it's (imho) extremely high price I think will limit it's sales. Last I looked I think it was $119 for the book, and while I am sure it is worth every darn penny, I don't know many gamers (or their wives) that will part with a gaming product that costs that much. I have a good amount of expendible cash and, well, I wouldn't pay that much for any gaming product, so some will though. Sure that given enough time, this will become a hot commodity on the file sharing networks though. ;-)
    Oh and while I am on the subject, can anyone say market saturation? My god, there are 4 billion Ptolus related items popping up all over the net..
    Last edited by Snikle; July 21st, 2006 at 00:10.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

For something that hasn't even hit the shelves yet, there really are a great number of products out for it. I downloaded the Player's Guide from DriveThruRPG and they has about 4-5 Ptolus sources for sale already, think alot of them where electronic books though.

I am thinking hard about getting it, but I agree; the price truly is up there...

I see they are going to release portions of the book via pdf, that will definately help, and they did have the prepay monthly thing. And don't get me wrong, I am sure it has a massive amount of details that everyone will find extremely valuable. I just cannot stomach the price...ouch. Yeah most I have seen are pdf format.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

If I do get it, after I have read up on everything I may host a campaign on FG.

By the time I finish with The Worlds Largest Dungeon (probably about 2 years from now) I should be able to get Ptolus cheap from somewhere.

rv

Yeah, I will pick it up a year or so from now on sale at B&N for half off or something.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Looks like I will do the same. No one in my gaming group seems to have interest in it at the moment. Would be a waster of my $ to get it now. lol

I got it, paid through the pre-pay layaway plan so it didn't impact my pocketbook much. Just waiting for it to show up now.

Thread Information