FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    just tried a new character with a png portrait as a token and it worked so its not that
    Last edited by hawkwind; November 25th, 2018 at 07:42.

Blog Entries
    If I had to guess, check the size of the source images for the tokens. The portrait tokens are likely much smaller than the other tokens. Maybe. It's late, but I think that's the direction to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Teh tokens images that don't work are all supplied by my players and are the same images that they used as portraits, could it be a .png token image issue not playing with .jpg crown?
    The crown is a .png for what it's worth tho I don't think that has anything to do with it.

just tried a new character with a png portrait as a token and it worked so its not that
    Is the "new character" using the same token that wasn't working elsewhere? Have you tried placing the non-working token on different map and testing there?

Also, disable all extensions before you try this. It shouldn't be a problem if it's working on some and not others but safe to rule it out.

Per Carl's suggestion I tested a larger (500x500) and a smaller (63x63) portrait and both worked for me.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The gold colored crown seemed to blend in to the background too much for my eyes. So I adjusted the HUE a bit and added a black outline which helped to make it pop out allot better from the map.
    This should be all good until the players go into a river of blood. LOL
    has_initiative.png

Quote Originally Posted by LordNova2 View Post
    The gold colored crown seemed to blend in to the background too much for my eyes. So I adjusted the HUE a bit and added a black outline which helped to make it pop out allot better from the map.
    This should be all good until the players go into a river of blood. LOL
    has_initiative.png
    This was one reason I was leaning towards the crosshairs version. I could have a dark color on the horizontal lines and a light color on the vertical. That "should" eliminate the blending issues. That said, the crown just looks so much better tho Maybe a multi-colored jester hat would work out better.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The crown is a .png for what it's worth tho I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Is the "new character" using the same token that wasn't working elsewhere? Have you tried placing the non-working token on different map and testing there?

Also, disable all extensions before you try this. It shouldn't be a problem if it's working on some and not others but safe to rule it out.

Per Carl's suggestion I tested a larger (500x500) and a smaller (63x63) portrait and both worked for me.
    I havent tried a different map and no its a different token. I dont have access to the source file directly as its added to the character sheets by the player on their PC. I will get one one of the players to send me a original file to add on my machine to see if that sorts the problem

I dont have access to the source file directly as its added to the character sheets by the player on their PC.
    FG auto generates a token file from the PC portrait. It is stored in the GM's campaign portraits directory - the filename is the PC node ID from the FG database with no extension. Copy the file and add a .png filename and you'll have the token file being used by FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry for the dumb question, but... is this supposed to work with Savage Worlds? I have tried with 5E without problem, but when trying it in any SW campaign, it doesn't work (neither does in CoC, I think). I tried with simple letter tokens, to no avail. No other extension was loaded, just the ruleset, and tokens are at 80%. No crown appears, just the standard white ring (and the standard color marker for foe/neutral/friend) What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Teotimus View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question, but... is this supposed to work with Savage Worlds? I have tried with 5E without problem, but when trying it in any SW campaign, it doesn't work (neither does in CoC, I think). I tried with simple letter tokens, to no avail. No other extension was loaded, just the ruleset, and tokens are at 80%. No crown appears, just the standard white ring (and the standard color marker for foe/neutral/friend) What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    If they are CoreRPG based rulesets it should work assuming neither has overridden the CoreRPG behaviors. I do not have/use either to test tho.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teotimus View Post
    Savage Worlds has made a huge amount of changes to the various files used by CoreRPG, so it would not surprise me if this, or any extension not designed for SW, worked without issues.

I would ask int he SW forum if anyone has used this successfully. I also would wonder, if SW uses Initiative, is it not already coded in SW?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information