FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Mad Mage Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The pins aren’t missing since there are no separate story entries for each sub location. Pins in sub locations would only point back to the main numbered location which would not be all that helpful. The sub locations are all noted on the DM maps however along with all the other things the DM will need such as secret doors etc.
    Ya that’s my point, sub rooms should be separate entries so that they can have their own pins.

Blog Entries
    I know you probably don't want to spend more money on this - can't blame you for that, but D&D Beyond has player versions of the original maps. I have used them in other modules when the FG maps haven't suited me.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I know you probably don't want to spend more money on this - can't blame you for that, but D&D Beyond has player versions of the original maps. I have used them in other modules when the FG maps haven't suited me.
    Actually I own it on D&D beyond too and that’s how I knew they existed. It would take a lot of prep time to bring them into FG (although I may do it anyways), I just think the FG module should include them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugahst View Post
    Actually I own it on D&D beyond too and that’s how I knew they existed. It would take a lot of prep time to bring them into FG (although I may do it anyways), I just think the FG module should include them.
    I hear you... I've done it for other adventures. I haven't seen the colored maps, but it seems strange to me. Not exactly a bad thing, but I guess I would just expect to see the same maps as the published module.

A picture is worth a 1000 words, so let me give an example for those that haven't seen the FG module.

You're the DM and your players are on the 1st floor they come to area 23 on the map (shown in the image) and you open the pin for it, problem is area 23 is collection of 3 rooms (labeled 23a, 23b, 23c). The map doesn't specify which room is which, and since all 3 rooms are combined into 1 pin you have to guess. The only way to know for sure is to open up the dm map at the same time and switch back and forth between the 2 which is a pain in the arse, especially if you're running from a laptop or smaller screen where real-estate is tight.
    DotMM example.jpg

The entire dungeon is made up like this (where collections of rooms all fall under 1 pin) and it is very frustrating.
    Last edited by Dugahst; November 19th, 2018 at 02:48.

Blog Entries
    I agree that the sub rooms need their own entries and pins. Would be much easier to run. There can be an argument that you should read the entire room as the sub-rooms are often linked, but when you are running it, it is much more convenient to have more than one pin and entry.

However, the dungeon is pretty old school with lots of secret doors and traps and other features, so I cannot imagine not looking at the DM's map pretty often.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

The module has now been updated so that each entry has its own story and all locations are now pinned on player maps. If you are already running the adventure, after you have updated, close the module in module activation and then re-open it again so that the maps and story entries are refreshed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

To get the full latest data after a module has been updated you need to "Revert Changes" from the module activation screen. Opening and closing the module is exactly the same as exiting FG and reloading FG (which you've done anyway to run the update) - if you've made any changes to the module data in the campaign, you won't see any updates to that record until you actually "revert changes" on the individual record or the whole module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    To get the full latest data after a module has been updated you need to "Revert Changes" from the module activation screen. Opening and closing the module is exactly the same as exiting FG and reloading FG (which you've done anyway to run the update) - if you've made any changes to the module data in the campaign, you won't see any updates to that record until you actually "revert changes" on the individual record or the whole module.
    Yes, yes, of course. Ignore the above. I was thinking of an entirely different scenario.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The module has now been updated so that each entry has its own story and all locations are now pinned on player maps. If you are already running the adventure, after you have updated, close the module in module activation and then re-open it again so that the maps and story entries are refreshed.
    Nice update! I definitely looks like it will make things clearer.

Thread Information