5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

LFP [Savage Worlds] Medieval Fantasy themed

[Savage Worlds] A butcher, baker, and candlestick-maker

For weeks now, sheep and small livestock have been disappearing from the village herds. The surrounding area is fairly well wooded so a single missing sheep is not usually noticed until sunset approaches and the herders go out to bring the flocks into the safety of the manor walls for an accurate counting. Having had enough of this mystery, the manor Lord set out with his few men-at-arms just after noon yesterday to patrol the nearby woods in the hopes of rooting out this 'predator'. By sunrise, they still had not yet returned.

As the morning drags on, you and the rest of the villagers go about your daily responsibilities, all the time hoping for the best, but fearing the worst. To add insult to injury, for this day, it appears that the gods have thought fit to bring cold rain and strong winds to add to the anxiety of the villager's despair.

Suddenly, shouts go up from outside the wall, near a large patch of freshly planted crops. Out of the surrounding brush, has crawled one of the men-at-arms, severely wounded and alone. Several farmers carry him to the edge of a nearby stream, give the man water and try to assess his wounds. By now, a large and nervous crowd of villagers has formed around the dying soldier, your characters among them. It's not spoken but you can see it in the faces, without the protection of the Lord and his men around, the village is virtually helpless against attack.

DISCLAIMER: I have never run or played in a Savage Worlds game but I really want to try and learn the system so I can run more games, especially once the SWADE comes out. I will use this adventure as a stepping stone to help prepare myself for that. This will be medieval themed, low fantasy game so no magic, etc., at least until I get my head around and comfortable with the system basics. We will be use pre-gens so it should be noob Savage Worlds player friendly as well (I'm testing some homebrew conversion stuff).

FG License: GM has Ultimate License so players only need the Demo . . .
    Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: US Central Time [GMT -6]
    Day of week and time: To be worked out between GM/Players BUT what I am aiming for is an afternoon game (starting at about 1PM CST and going for 2-3 hours) - needs to end by 4PM CST. This should make it fairly Euro friendly as well. NOTE: I work nights through the weekend with my off days being late Tuesday morning through Thursday afternoon (CST or GMT -6).
    Term: Short term adventure, could be longer if enough players wish to continue.
    If new game, planned start date: As soon as session times worked out and PC's completed (I will likely use pre-gens for this go around) BUT not officially starting until the week after US Thanksgiving holiday (November 22).
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 2-3 Hour sessions, lasting a month or so.

Text or Voice: Mix of Voice and Text.
    Voice software used: Most likely Discord, but Skype is a possibility.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Aiming for 60/40 but might fluctuate some by individual sessions.
    Number of Players in game & needed: 2-5, and will be accepting alternates/standby's as I understand some will drop out or have schedule conflicts.
    Character starting level & equipment: Novice level and will be pre-gens for this adventure (literally, a butcher, a baker, and a candlestick-maker and others if more players).

ADDITIONAL DETAILS: No party backstabbers or actions that harm another PC. If anyone has questions on more specifics, please speak up, preferably sooner rather than later.

Link to Game Calendar page: [Savage Worlds] A butcher, baker, and candlestick-maker
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Ide be down to join, played a little SW before and I get home from work at 1pm CST
    New to FG

Blog Entries
    Welcome TheCivilMerc. We'll see if we can pick up a couple more players and go from there.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; November 24th, 2018 at 14:46.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thanks Gunnar, and figured as much. Just castin out my lines to see what what I can catch

Thread Information