DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Tablet install?

Tablet install?

I'd like to install FG on to a tablet I was just gifted. The Tablet is LG G70 and I can download fantasy grounds, but it will not install. Anyone know a trick or a step in the process I'm missing?

Blog Entries
    Google suggests that by LG G70, you might mean the LG G Pad 7.0. That is an Android tablet. Fantasy Grounds does not run on Android.

Damn, thanks for the information.

If you search the forums, someone 'sort-of' got FG running on an android tablet by installing it on their PC through Steam, and putting the Steam-link app on the tablet.

I can't imagine it would be a great experience on a 7" screen though.

Most younger D&D gamers use phones and tablets to play, Fantasy Grounds is really hurting their possible market by not making this possible / easy.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

The part that you are missing is that Fantasy Grounds is a program, not a lightweight app, which is what phones and tablets use. This is due to a drastic difference in what a tablet/phone can do versus a PC. Apples do not equal oranges. Could a lighter version be created for Fantasy Grounds? Sure, but their resources are currently focused on the FGU, 64-bit version that is expanding the functionality that people have wanted for years. They have a relatively small development group, I would hate to see it be slowed down/split trying to create a reduced functionality app at this point in time.

Thread Information