DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Missing Stuff in Deadlands Noir

It's me again.

After getting the LUA issue out of the way, I dug into the Deadlands Noir extension and stumbled upon a few things I want to adress:

Missing
    1. Deadlands Noir is using a Legend Chip. It is basically the same functionality as in Deadlands Reloaded but since there is no fate chip pot, each user receives one when conditions apply (instead of putting one into the pot). I don't know how this is realized in DLR (don't have the module), but it would be great to have it in Fantasy Grounds as well
    2. Some NPCs are using the Arcane Background (Black Magic): Cult Leader, Bokkor, Mama Something... those are simply not configured. It is sharing the same rules as Arcane Background (Magic) (which is also not in the setting right now). It would be great if you could put it in there.

Are there any plans to upgrade the module? It is a shame that there is this great Effects functionality that is not used with Edges or Hindrances at all

Appreciated:
    1. In the character sheet, I would love to have "permanent/temporary injuries" section. Since the setting is using the Gritty damage rule, temporary injuries are quite common and a place where I could put this would be greatly appreciated.
    2. Is it possible to add a few more lines to the Combat Tracker to include Edges/Hindrances/Abilities as well? It would be so useful to see the mini information of all characters in an encounter so much more useful (and needed, since as mentioned earlier, there are a lot of Edges which could have an effect in FG but it's not implemented right now).

Best regards,
    Marc

P.S. If there is a Known Issues Thread or something like that, I am happy to add my stuff there and subscribe to it. Just didn't found it, though.

Blog Entries
    Are there any plans to upgrade the module?
    This is a bit of a touchy subject for both of the Deadlands properties, and I'm not at liberty to go into it here on the forum. I'll simply say "maybe, but unlikely." For now.

In the meantime, cross your fingers, cross your toes, and queue up your favorite media player with Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"

The Deadlands properties are both under my care still - I passed on Savage Worlds to Ikael a while ago as I wasn't capable of keeping up with the changes required to keep it working and Ikael had plenty of development plans still.

With newborn baby in my life, I'll be honest that I don't have much time for new feature development at the moment (certainly don't have any time for actual gaming). But should be able to get some small fixes in for anything that is broken. I'll confess every time I go to do any small fix, I lose most of my time trying to get Fantasy Grounds set up on my Macbook (it seems to regularly misbehave) and ensure I've got the latest version of all the mod / pak files (Australian internet has a lot to answer for here - 5Mbs on a good day).

I know these are my products under my care, and you've paid good money for them, so I'll try and do the right thing where I can. That said, if anyone has new features in mind or has gone ahead and fixed up any broken files, I'm happy to accept / review patches to the code! Drop me a PM if you've got something.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    The Deadlands properties are both under my care still - I passed on Savage Worlds to Ikael a while ago as I wasn't capable of keeping up with the changes required to keep it working and Ikael had plenty of development plans still.

With newborn baby in my life, I'll be honest that I don't have much time for new feature development at the moment (certainly don't have any time for actual gaming). But should be able to get some small fixes in for anything that is broken. I'll confess every time I go to do any small fix, I lose most of my time trying to get Fantasy Grounds set up on my Macbook (it seems to regularly misbehave) and ensure I've got the latest version of all the mod / pak files (Australian internet has a lot to answer for here - 5Mbs on a good day).

I know these are my products under my care, and you've paid good money for them, so I'll try and do the right thing where I can. That said, if anyone has new features in mind or has gone ahead and fixed up any broken files, I'm happy to accept / review patches to the code! Drop me a PM if you've got something.
    Hello phantomwhale,

first, thank you for this honest reply. I appreciate it. Second: Congratulations! I am in the same spot or slightly ahead, having an 11 month old at home, so I know how you feel right now. I wish you quiet nights and a great time :-)

Unfortunately, I am not able to code much, but If I am able to get my hands dirty, I'll reach out to you! What I can do (since I will do it anyway) is updating the bestiary, maybe we can discuss this over Discord if this is helpful.

Best regards,
    Marc

Thread Information