5E Character Create Playlist
Page 13 of 21 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    I think this is going to have to be an iterative concept. I'm already spending too many cycles on the panel that I should be spending on FGU. Since there are no APIs to do that, it would require implementing and documenting even more APIs. I even thought about making the chat a floating window instead; but I'm worried about whether the current FG client would have crashes since there are many places in the FG code that reference chat window and chat entry, plus ongoing chat log storage in the control itself. As I was saying, the whole chat window usage needs to be reviewed and redone. Unfortunately, this will have to be an effort for another revision.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I think this is going to have to be an iterative concept. I'm already spending too many cycles on the panel that I should be spending on FGU. Since there are no APIs to do that, it would require implementing and documenting even more APIs. I even thought about making the chat a floating window instead; but I'm worried about whether the current FG client would have crashes since there are many places in the FG code that reference chat window and chat entry, plus ongoing chat log storage in the control itself. As I was saying, the whole chat window usage needs to be reviewed and redone. Unfortunately, this will have to be an effort for another revision.
    All good!

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Modifier stack, character list and dice tower panels moved above full background image panel.
    • [DEV] Panel order not maintained when using merge attribute. Fixed.
    Whatever this did, it broke my panel ordering.

I redefine the panels such that they render over previously defined panels. This change seems to lock some predefined ordering such that even if I redefine the panels, they're rendered at their predefined older order so my custom assets are always rendering over it..

To clarify, redefine implies replacing such that <panel name="chat"> .... </panel> has no merge attribute. I would redefine for instance, "chat" after a desktop spanning panel, and this would cause the chat window to be rendered atop my custom spanning panel.

This update broke my ordering such that chat and modifier stack, even when redefined are stuck behind my custom panel as they use their predefined order.

I literally can't interact with any of my UI elements because of this.
    Last edited by Ken L; December 8th, 2018 at 04:47.

The panel ordering is preserved when the merge attribute is used. It you don't use the merge attribute or delete first, then you will override the ordering, and your new panel will be placed at the end of the definition order.

This is how it should have been done in the first place, but wasn't. Unfortunately, all the panel updates lately brought to light that the behavior was non-deterministic across multiple rulesets and extensions as they used the merge attribute.

Regards,
    JPG

The panel ordering is preserved when the merge attribute is used. It you don't use the merge attribute or delete first, then you will override the ordering
    That's not the observed behavior though. I don't use merge attributes in my panels, they're all straight redefines, so they should be placed at the end of the definition order. You can make a test extension with a spanning panel followed by a redefined chat panel and see which renders first. If the spanning panel, you won't even see the chat one. This has been my observation.

The only time I've used the merge attributes is to circumvent this specific change to delete the defaults and create new panels of duplicate behaviors, but named differently. This came at the cost of ruleset and extension-wide changes which isn't desirable.

MW, there is some documentation missing from the dataLibrary.lua file. I recommend adding something like the following following the comment line that says "RECORD TYPE LEGEND":
    -- sEditMode: [optional]set this to "play" if you want both GMs and players to be able to edit the record (local mode users won't be able to edit). Set it to "none" if you want no edit ability.
    -- aGMEditButtons: [optional]This is a list of templates that you can add if you want additional buttons when the record list is in edit mode.
    -- sExportPath: [optional]Set this if you want exports going to some place that is not conventional. (I'm not sure what this relative path goes to, but I think it is the FantasyGrounds data path)

Also, the bAllowClientEditMode which is documented doesn't appear to do anything (maybe was deprecated when sEditMode was added?)

On 3.3.7 Clicking on the sound icon from DOE sound open a blank window. Returning on the 3.3.6, it works like a charm. I will stay on 3.3.6 as the DOE sound is mandatory for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhunt3r View Post
    On 3.3.7 Clicking on the sound icon from DOE sound open a blank window. Returning on the 3.3.6, it works like a charm. I will stay on 3.3.6 as the DOE sound is mandatory for me.
    Please report this to Dulux Oz in his DOE Sound thread - so he’s aware of potential issues with his extensions and v3.3.7.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, i will,
    thanks

Updates

• [DEV] Adjustments to panel merging.

Thread Information