5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Scheduling next FG Daze?

damned,
    A suggestion for scheduling the next FG Daze: how about Jan 19 or 20, 2019? This is on the other side of holidays and in the USA is a three-day weekend (Martin Luther King Day is Monday, January 21, 2019), so it may help to increase turn out.

I'll plan to run a one shot (or two) for the next run of FG Daze.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    damned,
    A suggestion for scheduling the next FG Daze: how about Jan 19 or 20, 2019? This is on the other side of holidays and in the USA is a three-day weekend (Martin Luther King Day is Monday, January 21, 2019), so it may help to increase turn out.

I'll plan to run a one shot (or two) for the next run of FG Daze.
    This timing will be right in the middle of my time off.. Ill be able to make this one!

That sounds like it would be a blast. The Explorer's Guild now has enough players and GMs that we could probably make a pretty good showing at the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    This timing will be right in the middle of my time off.. Ill be able to make this one!
    May we presume we will be hearing the lamentations of enemy's women on that weekend? (Boy that sounds retro and out of step with the times when I write that...)

Quote Originally Posted by ProNobis View Post
    That sounds like it would be a blast. The Explorer's Guild now has enough players and GMs that we could probably make a pretty good showing at the next one.
    Excellent--glad to have new GMs and players!

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

May we presume we will be hearing the lamentations of enemy's women on that weekend? (Boy that sounds retro and out of step with the times when I write that...)

Excellent--glad to have new GMs and players!
    Wow.. Yeah, I guess it does! lol.

It also sounds really weird to say "May we hear the lamenting of all your enemies husbands that weekend?" (implying female warriors and more in-step with the standard of female focused pronouns by Pathfinder 2.0). Maybe it would be better "May we hear the lamenting of all of your enemies spouses that weekend."
    Personally I would rather focus on writing cool mechanics, but I guess publishers do have to focus on being at least somewhat politically acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by ProNobis View Post
    It also sounds really weird to say "May we hear the lamenting of all your enemies husbands that weekend?" (implying female warriors and more in-step with the standard of female focused pronouns by Pathfinder 2.0). Maybe it would be better "May we hear the lamenting of all of your enemies spouses that weekend."
    Personally I would rather focus on writing cool mechanics, but I guess publishers do have to focus on being at least somewhat politically acceptable.
    It would be pretty hilarious to rewrite Conan for gender inclusiveness and diversity. “He flexed his mighty thews, but before beheading his enemies he sat in a circle with them to ask about their perspective and check his own cultural bias...”

It would be pretty hilarious to rewrite Conan for gender inclusiveness and diversity. “He flexed his mighty thews, but before beheading his enemies he sat in a circle with them to ask about their perspective and check his own cultural bias...”
    LMAO...

Oh my sides are hurting!

Request for GM here: Hoping someone can run the City of Mist, as in past sessions. (I was even signed up once, but had to drop out due to RL.) It's free content (thanks, damned!) and well-reviewed. On my bucket list to play.

FG Daze can be a great "try a new thing" event. I'll plan to run GUMSHOE and (I hope) a second indie game to provide just those kinds of opportunities.
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; November 29th, 2018 at 03:36.

Thread Information