DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Single user's mask is reset between sessions

Hello everyone,

we have just been playing a few sessions with FG and it is awesome. There is a small issue though that one of my players and I face:

When we start a new session the mask from the previous session is gone for one player, while the rest can still see the old mask. This is happening in v3.3.6. I need to unmask everything for him at the beginning of each session. Since this is something only one player sees, I assume there may be something wrong in his FG-folder. Any idea where we should search?

Kind regrds,
    Zisse

Welcome to the FG forums!

As the first step, I'd get the player to clear their cache. On their "Join Game" screen they should click the nuke button in the top right. Then connect to your game and see if that helps.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Check permission on his cache folder. Have him nuke the cache before he connects next time (after checking permissions).

Thank you for your help. I did not reply, because we did not yet get to check into this. Now we have tested this.
    Suprisingly the mask now was as it was supposed to be, which is as it was at the end of the last session.

My friend used two slightly different login names. I suspect that he used "login1" when we started using FG and then for several more sessions. At the last two sessions, where we had the broken mask he used "login2". When we just tried it today he used "login1" again and the mask was as it was at the end of our last session. Could this be the reason that it works now? It's bit strange, because I would expect the mask to be saved with "login2" active at the end of last session.

He is going to use "login1" from now on and we just hope that this fixes it.

I'll keep you posted
    Zisse

Thread Information