5E Character Create Playlist

Twelve Silver Pieces - RP-focused 5E - Saturdays 1pm GMT

Edit for status: game now filled!

Twelve Silver Pieces

The princess stumbles through the door to the servants' quarters, her mouth agape and a hand clutched to her side. Looking up from your mundane task, you feel your heart jolt at seeing the flecks of red and spreading stain of death spilt on her dress. Staggering to her knees, she thrusts out a hand towards you, her eyes glistening as twelve silver pieces clatter from between her shaking fingers. You bend close, heart pounding as your charge's life trickles onto the polished stone floor, the walls of this foreign and unfamiliar place tightening upon you. She looks up, her fingers curling downwards at the fallen coins, and with her dying breath she begins to whisper: "Treasure---" - but the verb's second syllable is her last; her voice crumbles into silence; her face creases; and she crumples sideways to the floor. Thousands of miles from home, in a hostile palace in a hostile city in a hostile land, the heir to the throne deceased by your feet, and the steps of bloodthirsty guards approaching steel-booted down the hallway; the question is: how much can twelve pieces of silver be worth?

FG License: Ultimate; anyone can play.
    Game System: 5E D&D

Time Zone: GMT
    Day of week and time: Saturday 1pm-3:20pm
    If new game, planned start date: 17th November (Session Zero)
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly; roughly 2.5 hours.
    Term: Long-term.

Text or Voice: Text only. (We find it more immersive.)
    Voice software used: N/A
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: roleplay-focused, but there'll be plenty of action; direct combat as determined by PC decision-making.
    Number of Players in game & needed: 3, looking for 4/5 total.
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, equipment by discussion with GM.
    Character restrictions: You are a low-ranking servant of a princess. Your class level represents either skills related to your serving role (e.g., a skald hired as a scribe), or the fruits of recreational pursuit (e.g., a stable-hand who trains in the evenings with a member of the King's guard). I am interested in working with players to build their own design of backstory into the campaign world, and am happy to discuss potential ideas with prospective players.

Details of your scenario: In Twelve Silver Pieces you play a servant of Princess Nimue, who is - or was - on a diplomatic mission to High Arzum. You are her cooks, scribes and bag-handlers; you can come up with any servant's role you please, so long as it is in the spirit of a lowly role (no chief advisers). Now, with her senior aides and defenders dead or missing, and the princess dead on the floor, you face a number of important decisions, and with little time to decide. Take these silver pieces she seemed concerned with? Hand yourselves over? Flee? Fight? And how? The campaign is player-led: you can respond to the situation as you see fit (though the smart money is on not splitting it and going alone; allies are valuable in a hostile land, after all). It is also a roleplaying-focused game. This doesn't mean we don't do combat, it just means that everything - including combat - is aimed at telling the characters' story and unfolding the drama. If you like getting immersed in your character's point-of-view, thinking through their shoes, this might be the game for you.

Expressions of interest by PM, and/or enquiries in this thread. (I can also be reached on Discord, identical to my forum username - including space - and with digits 5253 after the hash.) Thanks for your consideration!
    Last edited by Von Stalhein; November 16th, 2018 at 01:53.

I would love to join in on based upon the fact it is text based alone. Haven't played 5e in a while. Might be tough getting up at 7 every Saturday though.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Apologies the start time is a little early for you; it was one of the only slots that my extant players could make. I'll let you know if it does change - and let me know if you fancy being a morning person.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, a little early for me too. I would love to get into this one but I would not get off work until an hour after you had started (Central Standard Time ‎-> UTC-6).
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information