STAR TREK 2d20

Widget deprecation and or support for FGU

Last I asked about widget scaling, I vaguely recall the response being that widgets were a pseudo implementation, held together by duct tape and that things were changing for FGU.

Lately I have a suite of extensions that that heavily use widgets not just on tokens, but on anything currently considered as a widget container for both decorative and practical purposes.

How much of this is going away?

Blog Entries
    Widgets not used in conjunction with tokens are unlikely to change. Things like the character sheet are dependent on widgets. Currently, the only changes have been to widgets used with tokens. If I recall correctly, token widgets in FGC are scaled based on the size of the source bitmap. So, if you are using a large token graphic that has been scaled to fit the grid, for example, the widgets will appear smaller than expected. In FGU the widget scale and placement are based on the relationship of the grid size (if a grid is present) and the token display size. This is to ensure that widgets appear uniform on all tokens.

Doesn't FG already do that? I implemented an auto-scaler in image manager by using a known widget size then implemented token_width * token_scale / gridsize * image_scale. This way no matter how small or large the grid, the widgets would always take a proportional space on the token. Is this ability going to be taken away? This proportionality is achieved by adjusting both token and image scale.

There's also the issue of widget scaling in respect to their containers. Will there be an option to 'stretch to fit' the container as opposed to the current uni-directional 'shrink to fit' ?

Yes, but it requires calculation. New image widget size calculations will be based on less factors, per what Carl said.

No current plans to implement stretch to fit widgets. We’re focusing on getting existing API working with new interface changes, not expanding features. We’re already working against a moving target.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information