FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Digital Adventure D20 SRD .errors?

Does anyone know if there has been an update to this product.
    I find alot of errors in the monster manual, mainly a ton of incorrect feats and few missing D20 monsters (vampire??). I was hoping an update or patch was available, I am having a hard time editing the XML databases due to that monsters databases seem to be in no particular order. ( I am noob to xml)
    any insight is appreciated.

Vampire is a template so that could be the reason they didn't put a sample one in. As you have noted because the database is sorted by FG there is not real need to put it in order. What are you using to edit it with? If if has the find feature you can look for a monster that way.

I was making something else and remembered your lack of vampire. I though you might like this. It was generated as a personality, so you may need to change a few catagories and the node name to put it in your monster database:

CR 7 Vampire
    Code:
    <node name="00005">
    	<stringvalue name="ac">AC 27, touch 13, flat-footed 24</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="advancement"></stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="alignment">CE</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="atk">Slam +12  (1d4+6) or <i>+1 longsword</i> +13  (1d8+7/19-20)</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="babgrp">6/+12</stringvalue>
    	<intvalue name="charisma">10</intvalue>
    	<intvalue name="constitution">0</intvalue>
    	<intvalue name="cr">7</intvalue>
    	<intvalue name="dexterity">19</intvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="environment"></stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="feats">Cleave, Combat Reflexes <sup>B</sup>, Dodge <sup>B</sup>, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative <sup>B</sup>, Lightning Reflexes <sup>B</sup>, Power Attack</stringvalue>
    	<intvalue name="fortitudesave">+7</intvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="fullatk">Melee:slam +12  (1d4+6) or <i>+1 longsword</i> +13/+8  (1d8+7/19-20) Ranged: </stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="hd">6</stringvalue>
    	<intvalue name="hp">47</intvalue>
    	<intvalue name="init">8 (+4 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)</intvalue>
    	<intvalue name="intelligence">14</intvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="leveladjustment"></stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="name">Adbard</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="organization"></stringvalue>
    	<intvalue name="reflexsave">+8</intvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="skills">Balance +2 (+1 ranks, +4 dex, -3 acp), Bluff +10 (+2 ranks, +8 racial), Handle Animal +1 (+1 ranks), Hide +11 (+2 ranks, +4 dex, +8 racial, -3 acp), Intimidate +6 (+6 ranks), Jump +7 (+4 ranks, +6 str, -3 acp), Knowledge (History) +4 (+2 ranks, +2 int), Listen +13 (+2 ranks, +1 wis, +10 racial), Move Silently +11 (+2 ranks, +4 dex, +8 racial, -3 acp), Ride +7 (+3 ranks, +4 dex), Search +12 (+2 int, +10 racial), Sense Motive +9 (+1 wis, +8 racial), Spot +11 (+1 wis, +10 racial).</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="spacereach">5 ft./5 ft.</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="specialattacks">blood drain, children of the night, create spawn, dominate and energy drain</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="specialqualities">low-light vision and darkvision 60 ft., immunity to sleep, resistance cold 10 and electricity 10, damage reduction 10/magic and silver and 10/bludgeoning and magic, elf traits, low-light vision, alternate form, fast healing, gaseous form, spider climb, undead traits, vampire weaknesses and turn resistance +4</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="speed">20 ft.  (4 squares)</stringvalue>
    	<intvalue name="strength">23</intvalue>
    	<formattedtext name="text">
    		<p><b>Personal Info:</b> Background: Adventurer, Ht: 4' 9", Wt: 93lbs, Hair: Black, Eyes: Green, Age: 139.</p> 
    <p><b>Blood Drain (Ex):</b> Adbard can suck blood from a living victim with his fangs by making a successful grapple check. If he pins the foe, he drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each successful attack, he gains 5 temporary hit points.</p> 
    <p><b>Children of the Night (Su):</b> Adbard commands the lesser creatures of the world and once per day can call forth a 1d6+1 rat swarms, 1d4+1 bat swarms, or a pack of 3d6 wolves as a standard action. These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve his for up to 1 hour.</p> 
    <p><b>Create Spawn (Su):</b> Any humanoid or monstrous humanoid slain by Adbard's energy drain attack rises as a vampire spawn (see the Vampire Spawn entry in the Monster Manual) 1d4 days after burial. If he instead drains the victim's Constitution to 0 or lower, the victim returns as a spawn if it had 4 or fewer HD and as a vampire if it had 5 or more HD. In either case, the new vampire or spawn is under the command of Adbard and remains enslaved until his destruction. At any given time, Adbard may have enslaved spawn totaling no more than twice his own Hit Dice; any spawn he creates that would exceed this limit are created as free-willed vampires or vampire spawn. A vampire that is enslaved may create and enslave spawn of its own, so a master vampire can control a number of lesser vampires in this fashion. Adbard may voluntarily free an enslaved spawn to enslave a new spawn, but once freed, a vampire or vampire spawn cannot be enslaved again.</p> 
    <p><b>Dominate (Su): </b>Adbard can crush an opponent's will just by looking into its eyes. This ability is similar to a gaze attack, except that Adbard must take a standard action, and those merely looking at his are not affected. Anyone the vampire targets must succeed on a Will save (DC 13) or fall instantly under his influence as though by a dominate person spell (caster level 12th). The ability has a range of 30 feet.</p> 
    <p><b>Energy Drain (Su): </b>Any living creature hit by Adbard's slam attack gains 2 negative levels. For each level bestowed, he gains 5 temporary hit points. Adbard can use his energy drain ability once per round.
    </p> 
    <p><b>Elf Traits: </b>Adbard is immune to magic sleep spells and effects and has a +2 racial bonus on saves against enchantment spells or effects. He has low-light vision (can see twice as far as a human in low-light conditions) and is entitled to a Search check when within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door as though actively looking for it. As an elf, he has Martial Weapon Proficiency (composite longbow, composite shortbow, longbow, longsword, and rapier) as bonus feats and a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Spot, and Search checks (already figured into the statistics given above).</p> 
    <p><b>Alternate Form (Su):</b> Adbard can assume the shape of a bat, dire bat, wolf, or dire wolf as a standard action. This ability is similar to a polymorph spell (caster level 12th), except that Adbard does not regain hit points for changing form and must choose from among the forms mentioned here. While in an alternate form, Adbard loses his natural slam attack and dominate ability, but he gains the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of his new form. He can remain in that form until he assumes another or until the next sunrise.</p> 
    <p><b>Fast Healing 5 (Ex): </b>Adbard heals 5 points of damage each round so long as he has at least 1 hit point. If reduced to 0 hit points, Adbard automatically assumes gaseous form and attempts to escape. He must reach his coffin home within 2 hours or be utterly destroyed. (He can travel up to 9 miles in 2 hours.) Once at rest in his coffin, he is helpless. He rises to 1 hit point after 1 hour, then is no longer helpless and resumes healing at the rate of 5 hit points per round.</p> 
    <p><b>Gaseous Form (Su): </b>As a standard action, Adbard can assume gaseous form at will, as the spell (caster level 5th), except that he can remain gaseous indefinitely and has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability.
    </p> 
    <p><b>Spider Climb (Ex): </b>Adbard can climb sheer surfaces as though with a spider climb spell.</p> 
    <p><b>Undead Traits: </b>Adbard is immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects or is harmless. He is not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage to his physical ability scores, ability drain, energy drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or death from massive damage. He cannot be raised, and resurrection works only if he is willing. Darkvision 60 ft.</p> 

</formattedtext>
    	<stringvalue name="treasure"><i>+1 breastplate</i>, <i>+1 light steel shield</i>, <i>+1 longsword</i>, 14 gp, 14 sp, 16 cp.</stringvalue>
    	<stringvalue name="type">Male Elf Vampire Warrior 6</stringvalue>
    	<intvalue name="willsave">+3</intvalue>
    	<intvalue name="wisdom">14</intvalue>
    </node>

A vampire is a template now, not a monster. Vampire Spawn is a monster. Publishers can only use monsters in the SRD, and there is no *example* vampire to use in SRD (as there is in the MM), only vampire spawn.

We did not *forget* or exclude anything. The product is SRD only, and there are many monsters from the MM that legally we could not use.
    Last edited by Thore_Ironrock; July 18th, 2006 at 22:53.

I know that the following monsters are not in the SRD - what other ones are missing from the MM?

beholder
    mind flayer
    displacer beast
    (lich)
    (vampire)
    (fiendish)
    (celestial)
    (half-fiend)
    (half-dragon)
    (half-celestial)

() template

I remember off hand that Githyanki, Gitzerai and Yuan-ti is not in the SRD either, in addition to the ones you have mentioned.

The templates are in the SRD though, even if the sample templated creatures are not.

Ayone remembering more monsters outside the SRD than the following (I think there are one or two more, dont have my books here):

Beholder
    Displacer Beast
    Githyanki
    Githzerai
    Mind Flayer
    Yuan-ti

EDIT- remembered Thri-Kreen as not in SRD as well, from XPH threads.. Is it in MM, or just in XPH?

Quote Originally Posted by Wavestone
    EDIT- remembered Thri-Kreen as not in SRD as well, from XPH threads.. Is it in MM, or just in XPH?
    They're in both IIRC, and both entries are excluded from the (R)SRD. If they're not in MM, they're in MM2, SS or FF - I remember seeing an entry before the XPH.

Thore, is there any chance of a real "Core rulebook" dataset from you through CMP? I'd love to have a real core book reference to work with in FG.
    Last edited by Illrigger; July 19th, 2006 at 21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Illrigger
    Thore, is there any chance of a real "Core rulebook" dataset from you through CMP? I'd love to have a real core book reference to work with in FG.
    Yes, this is in the works. Right now there are two things hampering this conversion:

1) CMP does not have a full copy of the core books (PHB, DMG, MM, PsiHB) to give me for conversion. People may notice that WOTC has not converted their core books to PDF, which means we have to get the information the another way. Converting from PDF is the easiest for us since it gives us access to both text and graphics.

2) Right now I don't have a developer for such a project. Rob wants anyone taking on this task to be a true FG guru, since there are high expectations for what is produced for anything having to do with WIZARDS. My expert developers are all occupied with other projects at the moment, but I hope to have this "issue" taken care of by the time we have issue #1 resolved.

***If anyone wants to send me their FG resume for this project I would be happy to consider it. ***

Rob and I plan to have a serious sit-down regarding converting WOTC products to Fantasy Grounds at Gen Con, and at the top of our list are converting the Core books and Ebberron for ruleset; and other WOTC releases on the adventure end. I hope to have more on this whole topic after the show.

Thanks for asking Illrigger.

That's good news indeed. With WotC publishing adventures again, getting them into FG quickly would be a great boost to the product as a whole, but you'd need the real core books to run them properly. I'd LOVE to see the new 3.5e Ravenloft conversion that's coming this October in FG format

That's great news! The Core rulesets would definately boost the base usability demographic that is for sure, plus having the 'official' wotc products would raise awareness of FG. Good job Thore.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Thread Information