5E Character Create Playlist

LFP Eberron 5E Sunday Nights EST

FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite, etc.
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: EST
    Day of week and time: Sunday night at 830
    If new game, planned start date: 11/11 or 11/19
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 2 and half hour sessions weekly
    Term:Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
    Number of Players in game & needed: Need 1 maybe 2 players
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level
    Character restrictions: Point buy, one free feat at 1st level. No variant Human but standard human gets an extra skill. Non standard Eberron races need approval. Also there are some backstory questions that will need to be completed for each character

Details of your scenario: Playing a weekly Eberron campaign staring at level. There are 3 players currently who have all played together for some time. We have someone who might be a fourth that we have played with for a while. This will be a good mix of combat and the typical Eberron intrigue/social situations. We are going to mainly play DMs Guild Adept adventures. We will start with Curtain Call and eventually play Trust No One. I will probably mix in some of the DDAL Eberron adventures to give time for the follow up to Trust No One.

Please reply in the thread with the following -

D&D experience:
    Fantasy Grounds Experience:
    Character Preference:
    Favorite thing about Eberron:

Sounds great! I have a standard license and discord so no issues on that front and the time seems fine. I've played D&D since the 80's and have been using FG in another weekly game, so I feel I have a decent grasp of it. As far as characters go I prefer to fill a niche the party needs, so if you could let me know what people are running I can figure that out more easily. As far as Eberron goes I always thought it was interesting and had bought the campaign setting back in what, like '02? However, I never had a chance to play it which was a bit of a bummer. From the books I thought the Dragonmarks were particularly interesting and would love a chance to try a "new", to me, setting. Regardless, I hope you all have a great time and I'd love to join you. Thanks, Jon

D&D experience: I've Played 3.5, 4E, and 5E extensively. I have also DM'd in Eberron several times over the years
    Fantasygrounds Experience: None! I have messed around with the tutorial, but that's about it.
    Character Preference: I always like playing Fighters or Clerics, Warforged and Dwarves are favorites as well (I like hitting stuff with hammers a lot). But I'll play pretty much anything the party needs or looks fun. I have a vague idea for a cavelier fighter, maybe warforged or Denieth marked.
    Favorite thing about Eberron: Eberron is my favorite campaign world and in my top five fictional worlds in general. Warforged are amazing, and are the thing that first caught my eye. I love the noir/pulp action. Everything just fits the logic of the world.

Anyway, I know you would take a chance on a fantasygrounds neophyte, but your game sounds fun. Good Luck on the game even if you don't choose me.

FG License: Ultimate and most FG published resources for D&D with the exception of the Eberron supplement.
    FG Experience: I've DM'd in FG for a little over two years (streamed and not, using Discord for chat)
    D&D Experience: I'm in my mid 40's so I've played D&D on and off since red box. I didn't play 4th edition though.
    Character Preference: I'd actually be willing to do what is needed by the party as I know there may be established players with preferences. If a choice is a must, I recently played around with creating a Svirfneblin gnome illusionist - but I know that illusion as a school is tough due to how it interacts with the rules/world/story/GM style/Eberron lower magic so I'm not married to the idea.
    Favorite Thing About Eberron: Although I played a little bit in an Eberron setting many years ago, it has been a long time. To be honest, I'm just looking for an opportunity to play rather than DM and the time slot fits perfect as my Sunday game ends at 7pm EST which gives a small break. The fact that I've not played with Eberron in 5th edition is kind of nice as I've not had any content spoiled.
    Last edited by AlphaDecay; November 13th, 2018 at 02:12.

I am very interested.

D&D experience: I played for years in the basic box set, AD&D and 2nd edition many years ago. I stopped playing for a very long time. I started playing DDO in Eberron about 9 years ago and begun learning about Eberron. I started playing pen and paper when 5E first came out. So I have been playing for 4 years now. I mainly DM in 2 Eberron Campaigns. One that has been running for 3 years. The players are about to finish and unknowingly help Lady Vol ascend to take the place of the God of Death to help the noble souls from disappearing in Dolurrh. These campaigns are mainly face to face. I also put together https://www.eberron5e.com site for the homebrew stuff I made for my players with backgrounds and a lot of the UA stuff prior to Xanathar's.

I am really looking for a place that I can play instead of DM and I only want to play in Eberron, I love it and I don't want to learn another world either. I love that you are planning on going through all the DM's Guild Adventures, as it will give me a chance to play them before I DM them for my face to face group.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: No real Fantasy Grounds experience. I had some experience with Roll20, but have mostly played face to face.
    Character Preference: To me this is mostly always determined by party cohesion and the needs of the party. That being said my preference often tends towards rogues or spell casters. I love bards in particular (as they kind of fit both). But I love out of the box characters with strong backstory. I also like Artificers (and have my own version of it, but have been working on a rework using the last UA) I would likely like to play a dragonmarked character working for one of the houses.
    Favorite thing about Eberron: Geez, tough question. But I think the main thing I love about it is how the world we built from the ground up and everything had a new look to it. I got tired of the tolkien-esk redo for most all the other worlds. Love the intrigue and politics of the houses, the nations, the specter of the last war, and the other various factions and how they can all over lay each other. Love the magical technology of the world and the flavor that gives everything. So much to love about eberron.

D&D experience: 3.5, pathfinder, extensive 5e DMing (always the DM never the player)
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: brand new, currently building a 5e sandbox campaign and learning the ropes
    Character Preference: Dwarf
    Favorite thing about Eberron: the weather's nice, I guess

I'm free every day after 1pm CST (I work early mornings)

Evening, Two players here, I'm posting fro my friend as well
    Please reply in the thread with the following -

We both have extensive backgrounds with DnD going all they way to 2nd Edition, We remember Thaco.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Recently started using Fantasy Grounds so not very experienced, we both have it, My Friend has Ultimate, and I have Demo and Will upgrade
    Character Preference: We mostly play characters that will benefit the party, While I have a tendency to lean to casters, my friend has a tendency to play anything
    Favorite thing about Eberron: Hmmm. since we have not looked too heavily into 5E ebberon I would have to say from previous the Race options where some of the most interesting in the past, as well as the class options, Artificer and so so on. In essence most of the time we played with HomeBrew world that incorporated many of the aspects of all the realms.
    Last edited by Genthrock; November 16th, 2018 at 17:43.

Thread Information