STAR TREK 2d20

Updater is timing out 100% of the time

Hi,

So I have bought Ultimate version and having issues with updater. I can successfully check connectivity from the main menu but updater does not work. I have scoured these forums and internet for help and can't seem to be able to get it working. I would appreciate any help or advice.

My display on updater:

PRODUCT REQUEST
    Getting packages from FG server
    ERROR - GetProducts: Network: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
    Retrying in 10 seconds

Additional information:

• I have checked Windows Firewall and added updater there in addition to normal fantasy grounds. Also tried disabling it
    • I have F-Secure Antivirus (just the basic one) and I have tried disabling it with no effect
    • My Router is TP Link Archer C7, no firewall there

Hi Ghist welcome to FG.

A bad request error means that something on your computer or router is preventing FG communicating with the server that you are trying to connect to. Make sure that you have entered your licence key correctly in settings in the top box only. If you copy/pasted it ensure that there are no leading or trailing spaces. Ensure also that you have the correct username and password entered too.

If that isn’t the issue then it could be a poor internet connection, your antivirus software or your router. For the antivirus make sure that it hasn’t already quarantined FG. If it hasn’t create a rule allowing FG access. If there is a rule already delete it and create a new one. Ensure also that if you are using windows that Windows Defender is not also operating. Your AV should switch that off but check just in case.

As for your router check that you don’t have any settings such as net nanny or flood protection operating.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, it is working now. It was password related issue. Would be a good idea to display that as error rather than the generic error.

I have updated my fantasy grounds and now when I try a connection test it does not work anymore, what is going on. this system is very frustrating. this was today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chicola View Post
    I have updated my fantasy grounds and now when I try a connection test it does not work anymore, what is going on. this system is very frustrating. this was today.
    Hi chicola are you having an updater issue (as per this thread) or a Connection Test issue?

If you are having an updater issue:
    * Most likely, some sort of security software on your machine is blocking or modifying the requests from the updater to the update servers. (such as: Windows network set to Public (should be Private), Windows Firewall, McAfee; Avast, AVG, MalwareBytes, etc.)

If you are having a connection test issue (but are already able to update):
    * First, you only need connection test to work if you are going to be the GM and your players are connecting over the Internet.
    * Second, you will need to set up port forwarding on your network in order to GM. (FG attempts to do this automatically, but some networks are more complicated.)
    ** Here is a tutorial to help you with Port Forwarding. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...nd_Host_a_Game

Regards,
    JPG

I have finally found out the problem with my connection. I have a dinamic IP, not a fixed one
    what can I do to resolve the situation?

You should be able to set a static IP address in your router. Failing that update the port forwarding rule you set to point to the new address.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information