FG Spreadshirt Swag

First impressions of SWADE product

I had a game last night and loaded up the new SWADE version to see how it goes. Following are player and my first impressions, not supported, just our thoughts.

ADvanced Effects didn't seem to be working initially but strangely seemed to be after a while... maybe something to do with the CT status... or maybe we failed our perceptions rolls. (Might have been working with old CT data that got refreshed with use etc)... didnt seem to be displaying messages about what is active/triggered when a player came into focus like it used to...
    AN option to turn off/on Effects on the CT, ala the way D&D5e handles them would be nice... and a 'turn off for one turn' option would be nice too.
    We put the Jokers+Bennies option on, but doesn't seem to give the GM a benny when a monster got a Joker. An option to control this during play would be good, I often work on the CT during play and if I trigger a refresh and a joker is dropped then bennies get distributed etc etc... so a confirmation option? PS Hidden creatures should not trigger bennies?
    The new ADVANCE button, could it bring up a txt box to allow the player to enter what they did with the advance, and then dump that into the Notes tab (formatted in some way to show it was an advance and which # it was? or even a whole new ADVANCE TAB dedicated to info on advances...). Generally I get my players to keep a history of their EXP/levels and what they did, be nice if this was handled by the system in some way.
    The POWER buttons in the description box (awesome idea) can they be loaded into the POWERS tab display so they are available with the spell.
    Wierd Scientists.. some way to remember how much power you added to each power so you can hit a refresh (a refresh would be good for when a rest is taken) and recover allocated power levels.
    The SPEED?SLOTH power is missing some button options, we think... The ignore -2 (multi-task) is not (yet) built in?
    Spending bennies via a right click on the character sheet is gone? We worked out that you can drag and drop them onto the dice you want to reroll...
    HOTBAR... used to be able to drag EFFECTS onto the hotbar and click to add them, seems to have stopped working. (Which reminds me, I use a LOT of Effects so the list is LOOOONG, can we get some sort of organiser into this, or grouping effect?)
    Multi-targeting damage and raises seems to be a problem... if you multi-target and get a mixed result (raises and not) the damage roll is based on the last result worked out??? Complex issue.
    Wild attacks become crossed out, but stay one round too long??...and when you re-allocate a Wild attack with an existing crossed one it works but doesnt change the crossed out status.... ??
    Gangup bonus for players didn't seem to work, but did for NPCs... maybe an icon problem on our side?
    PS option in settings to pass over un-displayed NPCs in CT, like it has in 5e, would be nice.

Mostly we were very impressed and happy with what has been done. Great work! and thank you.
    Last edited by flynnkd; February 28th, 2019 at 02:48.

Not going to respond to all of these only the ones I have answer for

Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    I had a game last night and loaded up the new SWADE version to see how it goes. Following are player and my first impressions, not supported, just our thoughts.
    We put the Jokers+Bennies option on, but doesn't seem to give the GM a benny when a monster got a Joker.
    Extras do not generate bennies, only NPC wild cards
    (Which reminds me, I use a LOT of Effects so the list is LOOOONG, can we get some sort of organiser into this, or grouping effect?)
    Use the search box at the bottom the window (I do)
    Multi-targeting damage and raises seems to be a problem... if you multi-target and get a mixed result (raises and not) the damage roll is based on the last result worked out??? Complex issue.
    Just roll the damage is is automatically allocated
    Gangup bonus for players didn't seem to work, but did for NPCs... maybe an icon problem on our side?
    Did you take into account the new gang-up rules in which opponents can cancel gang-up bonuses due to where they stand?
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

(Which reminds me, I use a LOT of Effects so the list is LOOOONG, can we get some sort of organiser into this, or grouping effect?)
    Use the search box at the bottom the window (I do)

I realise that, but that requires that I remember what I called it...

Just roll the damage is is automatically allocated

I disagree, it rolls damage based on the last status rolled, or it rolls damage on one target and not the others. I will get details and screen shots next week.

Just tested the multi targeting and it seems to be working for me. It rolls damage separately for each target but you need to make multiple damage rolls
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Then it is my understanding of the system that is a problem, what do you mean you have to roll multiple damage rolls? Could you step through that for me, does the system assign damage one target after the other, and does it know what sort of roll it is making as it does each one?... which is contrary to an area effect spell damage, it is supposed to apply the same damage to each target?

I've not tried it in SWADE but in 5E I generally figure out the area, select the casting player and then select everyone in the area of effect and then have the caster roll damage and it applies to everyone at once. I am not aware of an automated AoE system but would be happy to be wrong.

According to the rules in SWADE damage is rolled for each target
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information