DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Last Parsec - Levithan - Bugs

There is a problem with most of the images that have a white background, particularly noticeable with the NPC images. See attached image for an example.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The issue is with png images with transparency layer. FG is not able to render them correctly in images view and not much can be done regarding it. That image along with others are mainly used as embedded images in reference manual. The only sensible fix would be to exclude those images from the images sidebar list.

Another option is to create jpeg version of those images and provide them in the sidebar list instead. However I am not fan of supporting two version of the same image as it transparency layer support could become thing in FG in the future.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Ahh, I see. The main reason why I like to have these images, is to show to my players "Hey you are now getting attacked by this thing.", so having it in jpg would be nice. It doesn´t bother me too much, so I guess, maybe wait till FGU and hope that fixes it?

I've run into this while extracting images for my own prep. I just take them into GIMP, create a new layer and give them a solid color background and the issue is fixed.
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Well this is from the official module, so I can´t really do much about it, other than getting the pdf and extracting them from there. Or screenshotting my screen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Another option is to create jpeg version of those images and provide them in the sidebar list instead. However I am not fan of supporting two version of the same image as it transparency layer support could become thing in FG in the future.
    Last I recall Carl being in Discord and talking about it, alpha support is indeed coming to FGU. However, those images will be displayed over whatever the imagewindow class default background looks like in whatever ruleset, so images with alpha channel may or may not look great depending on that.

Until they officially change the DLC guidelines, I just stick with the recommended JPG format for reference manual image blocks, only using a PNG (token) for the title logo, if I feel doing so is applicable to that project.

Thread Information