DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Looking for an FG Basic 101 tutorial game (5e, please)

I'm a rank newbie with FG. I have my subscription and I'm downloading Discord now. I've made the FG server information a favorite. I played 3.5 years ago and i'm just now getting into 5e.
    ~~What I really need is a basic one shot game or at least a group that tolerates a guy with questions.
    Do we have anything like that here?

Gamewise, I have always preferred spell casters.
    I made two sorcerers with the standard array:15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
    and one warlock with FG die roll.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Killian the Red
    Male half elf Sorcerer 1 Noble background
    STR 10, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 16
    NG
    Skills: Arcana, History, Deception, Perception (bonus), Persuasion, Stealth (bonus)
    Languages, Common, Elven, Draconian, Drow (he used to date a priestess of Eilistraee)

Personality: Attentive to detail. He is always using cantrips to stay clean and fresh. He prefers to look his best at all times.
    Honor to his family and Waterdeep always come first.
    Away from Waterdeep, Killian thinks no one knows he is a noble. He might claim he is a folk hero instead…

Appearance: Killian is dressed in a red coat with gold trim. His family coat of arms are on his right sleeve and an embroidered gold dragon is on his left. His eyes are blue and his hair is golden blond. Killian is clean shaven like so many Waterdhavian nobles. His boots are black, his pants are white as are his gloves. He uses Prestidigitation to stay clean and presentable at all times.

Notes: Killian Whiteraven was born into the Whiteraven Noble family of Waterdeep. His father was not going to inherit anything important and became an adventurer. He married a high elf, and Killian was born in the Waterdeep estate, but both parents died fighting an orc horde. Killian likewise would never inherit anything important, but he is high enough to maintain a suite of apartments in the main mansion.

Killian's sorcerous nature showed itself at an early age. As a result he received an excellent education in the arts. Divinations revealed his draconic blood is from a gold dragon (from his mother's side). He speaks elvish to honor his mother, and is fluent in draconic.

Killian grew up on the family owned farms and horse ranch outside the city. He inherited his parents love for adventure. And taking the name Killian the Red he set out to discover his destiny. Killian does not claim he is a noble, but dresses like one, and enjoys the high life like one. Everyone knows and likes him in Waterdeep. Killian treats everyone like an equal. He is your basic unassuming nice guy, but he knows when to toss a Firebolt.

Cantrips: Firebolt, Prestidigitation, Mending, Mage Hand
    First Level: Sleep, Chromatic Orb
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milo Heathertoes,
    Fearsome Halfling Sorcerer 1 NG
    Standard array build: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
    STR 8, DEX: 14, CON 14 INT 10, WIS 13 CHA 16

Milo always matched to the beat of a different drum. He never quite fit in with the rest of the village, or his family. His father retired to this village after a long career in larcenous redistributions. His plans were for Milo to continue the family business. But Milo’s sorcerous talents erupted at an early age with spontaneous bursts of tiny fireworks.

At the tender age of 12, Milo ran away from home to the big city to learn magic from real wizards, Zavier’s School for the Gifted. He ended up at the step of a college hungry, lonely and more than a little scared. The wizards recognized a sorcerer right away. They were kind however, and took the boy in. They fed him, assigned him some apprentice level work, and taught him a few simple lessons. Most importantly they let him SEE spells and discussed the basics of components and castings thereof.

In secret the College sent other apprentices out to find Milo’s village. After a couple of months, Milo was sent home with all the good wishes of the college. He had won a lot of friends with his plucky attitude. Milo considered his return a triumph, having full control of a number of spells. The school divined that he had the blood of a red dragon coursing through him. How dragon blood got into a halfling, they had no idea. With his new power came another amazing change, his hair had turned a bright, fiery red.

His very relieved parents welcomed him back, insisting he finish his regular (and criminal) schooling…which was now mundane and boring to him. Milo took to hanging out at taverns listening to stories of adventurers and magic. Turning 18, Milo made his goodbyes and left home to seek his fortune. The village knew this was inevitable, gifting him his starting equipment.

Milo’s criminal background comes from his upbringing, not his deeds. His contact is Uncle Thaddeus: a fence in the big city. Personally, Milo doesn’t plan to steal from anyone, and that disappoints his uncle. Still blood is thicker than water. Milo is always welcome in Thaddeus’s Pawn Shop.

Milo does have a goal: To find a wand of Continual Flame, and retire to Silverymoon, the city of Magic. He plans to open shop, carefully manage his wand and sell Continual Flame Spells.
    Skills are Arcana, Persuasion, Deception and Stealth

Spells of the fearless sorcerer:
    Prestidigitaion (the very first spell he mastered)
    Fire Bolt, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
    Sleep, Burning Hands (mostly used to clear the stubble in the fields up to now)

Stuff
    Arcane Focus, Explorers Pack, Two daggers.
    Dark common clothes, a hood and 15 gold. He carries a deck of cards, and a trinket: A small pennant emblazoned with “Z” from his time at the college.

Appearance: Milo is a handsome fellow. He is 3 feet tall, thin but fit, and sports a head full of shocking read hair. He wears a black hat, boots and gloves. His shirt is dark red. His vest and pants are gray. His hooded cloak is reversible, dark red on one side and grey on the other (a gift from Uncle Thaddeus).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here is my var Human Warlock, made with the 4 dice drop one option.

Sol Thraxis Warlock 1
    Variant Male Human NG AC:14 Hits 11 Move 30
    STR 10, DEX 16, CON 16, INT 13, WIS 11, CHA 18 (+1 went to CHA and DEX)
    SKILLS: Arcana +3, Deception +6, Intimidation +6, Slight of Hand +5, and
    Stealth +5 (bonus Var human)
    Background: Charlatan. He considers himself reformed now, his alignment changed to NG, but his flaw is: he is still greedy.
    FEAT: Spell Sniper. Double range, ignore cover, and extra attack Cantrip
    Warlock patron: Great Old One
    Abilities: Awakened Mind, talk to anyone 30’

Spells: Cantrips E Blast, Chilling Touch (bonus), and mage hand
    1st Level: Hex, Charm

Languages: Common, Draconian, Elven
    Proficiencies: Light Armor, Simple Weapons, Disguise kit, Forgery kit
    Equipment: Explorers kit, leather armor, marked cards, dagger, quarterstaff, signet ring of a fictional duke, a scale from a Golden dragon

Appearance: strikingly handsome. His studded leather is black with gold trim. A gold dragon is emblazoned on his left shoulder. He has nearly black hair and a well-trimmed beard, His eyes are a light brown flecked with gold, soon they will be golden.

THE PACT
    Eons ago there lived a brilliant Gold dragon. It favored High elves and sired a line of Dragon sorcerers that persist to this day. The dragon reached great heights of power and achieved immortality, But it wanted more, it reached out for deity status...and failed.
    ~~ Now its moldering corpse lies floating on the Astral plane.
    BUT. It is not dead yet

Greatly weakened, it can still reach out to those who would follow it. It will grant them power in exchange for dropping one of its golden scales in places of power. Once the scale hits the floor it melts into it and disappears. afterwards another scale will appear in its follower's possession. The dragon appears to have a number warlock minions, but Sol has never met them.

any number of places can be a place of power. a court room, a palace court yard, a temple (the scale will not defile it), even an evil temple cleared out by adventurers is a place of power. when enough dragon scales have been dropped, the golden dragon can reenter the world as an immortal living being again.

OR SO IT SAYS. The followers all believe the nameless golden dragon, but they have only seen it in dreams and visions. It could be an eldritch horror for all anyone knows. Still the dragon's followers are all of good alignment, and they truly believe that are accomplishing a great thing.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the future, I will post my characters on a blog. But I'm dropping them here just to give an idea of my play/prose style.
    Last edited by Vos; January 19th, 2019 at 03:19.

Thread Information