DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

SFS #1-09: Live Exploration Extreme! Sat November 3 @ 2 PM GMT

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4.

Although the Society was unaware of what existed within the false moon Salvation's End when it obtained exploration rights, Starfinders have since identified a vast, uncharted megacomplex within. The Society's ready to launch its first major expedition into the interior, yet there is one slight complication: in order to fund its initial survey missions, the Society accepted a grant that requires this first mission be televised by an Eoxian reality show. What is already be a momentous mission for the Society is only exacerbated by the mandatory presence of an unliving camera crew—not to mention the interference of the live studio audience in orbit! Can the PCs uncover the secrets of Salvation's End while upholding the Society's publicity deal (perhaps becoming celebrities in the process)?

Content in Live Exploration Extreme! is a continuation of the Starfinder Society special, Starfinder Society #1–00: Claim to Salvation.

Written by John Compton

Having played SFS #1–00: Claim to Salvation is NOT required to play or enjoy this scenario.

Note that gossiping and drama because of mundane issues is encouraged in this scenario. If you do not want to be the subject of gossip, you can opt out of it. However, due to reasons of fairness be aware that in that case there would also be a limit on how much you can gossip about other players. Also please treat the other PLAYERS with respect regardless of whether you participate in the gossip or not. It should be fun for everyone.

Note on the subtier:

As some regular SFS characters are already level 3, depending on what the Average Party Level (APL) is, you may have to decide between several options:

* If it is Subtier 1-2 and you have a level 3 (or 4) character you could either play out of tier (be aware that there are less rewards than if you play in tier which could stunt your character's development in the long run) or create a new level one character.

* If it is Subtier 3-4 and you have a level 1 or 2 character, you could also play out of tier. (or technically also a pregen). Be aware that while playing out of tier has its rewards, it's also more dangerous as you are lagging behind in HP and other statistics (which might also lessen your enjoyment of the game).

Due to the APL potentially being relevant this time, please make sure to state your character's level.

Once more players have reached level 3, I'm planning to alternate between scenarios for Subtier 1-2 and 3-4. As stated before, while I try to run one scenario a week, there may be weeks in between where I won't be able to run anything (e.g. around the winter holidays).

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar, stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annonoucements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome
    Last edited by stephan_; October 30th, 2018 at 20:18.

Cassie's in! She's only level 2, but the girl can hold her own... if somebody else is taking the shots XD

Optional: If you want, you can send me 1-3 paragraphs about your character description and backstory - which of course will in absolutely no way at all be exaggerated to get higher ratings. Zo! stands for quality journalism.

Edit: Just in case please do however tell me in that case how creative the interviewer can get when interpreting the description or backstory.
    Last edited by stephan_; October 30th, 2018 at 21:18.

Sounds like a fun one! Applied with Wex (level 2) but would be fine if ends up running Subtier 3-4.

I will post some biographical details before the game that can be used to help the ratings, uh, I mean help the role playing.

Thanks. Four players so far (2 on FG, 2 outside of FG), so a legal table.

I believe we have 2 at level 2 and 2 at level 3 but I could be wrong.

The Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide was just updated. I'll have a look at it later.

A very tentative schedule for SFS games. Be aware that it is very likely things will change. E.g. Tier 1-4 #1-20 Duskmire Accord 9 could be slotted in when 2 regular players who have already played it wouldn't be able to make it. The Tiers (1-4 or 3-6) will probably not change - unless otherwise indicated or a lot of new players join, the scenarios themselves are much more flexible.

Format: weekend (% chance of me scheduling a game) Tier (scenario)

November:

10th/11th (85 % chance): Tier 1-4 (#1-12: Ashes of Discovery?)

17th/18th (67 % chance): Tier 3-6 (#1-06: A Night in Nightarch?) [if some regular players would not yet be level 3, Tier 1-4 instead]

24th/25th (20 % chance)

December:

1st/2nd (67 % chance) [assuming people don't have too much holiday stress already] Tier 3-6 (#1-08: Sanctuary of Drowned Delight?)

8th/9th (67 % chance) [assuming people don't have too much holiday stress already] Tier 1-4 (#1-16: Dreaming of the Future?)

15th/16th (33 %) [I'm assuming people will have too muc holiday stress at least at that date; if you would be available however be sure to tell me]

22nd/23rd (5 % chance)

29th/30th (5 % chance)

January:

5th/6th (67 % chance) Tier 3-6 (#1-15: Save the Renkrodas?)

12th/13th (67 % chance) Tier 1-4 (#1-18: The Blackmoon Survey?)

19th/20th (50 % chance) Tier 3-6 (#1-14: Star Sugar Heartlove!!!?)

26th/27th (33 % chance)

February might feature the Scoured Stars Storyline Tier 3-6 (#1-11: In Pursuit of the Scoured Past, #1-13: On the Trail of History) as well as one or two Tier 1-4.

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely interested in those if I can swing the times.

Stephan,

My son’s game was cancelled due to weather conditions. I’m not sure if this is being run in place of our campaign, but count me in for w/e

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Thanks. Four players so far (2 on FG, 2 outside of FG), so a legal table.

I believe we have 2 at level 2 and 2 at level 3 but I could be wrong.
    “When you're backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
    ― Harvey Specter

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Optional: If you want, you can send me 1-3 paragraphs about your character description and backstory - which of course will in absolutely no way at all be exaggerated to get higher ratings. Zo! stands for quality journalism.

Edit: Just in case please do however tell me in that case how creative the interviewer can get when interpreting the description or backstory.
    Here is some backstory for Wex and some possible topics for gossip about him. Feel free to have fun with it.

Wex Bio:
    Wex has advanced degrees in Metaphysics, Transdimensional Engineering, and Exobiology. Although accomplished in the field of Technomagic, he chose to pursue an academic career in the biological sciences. Initially seen as a bright prospect, he soon came up with a radical theory he called “quantum evolution.” Although he spent years of his career and countless credits in grant funding researching this theory, he was unable to unable to develop any supporting evidence. Passed over for promotion by his university, Wex took an extended sabbatical to join the Starfinder Society. Although he knows there are great risks in the Society, he also sees great opportunity for new discoveries that will put his career back on the fast track.

Ideas for gossip/trash talk about Wex:
    Thinks he’s an awesome starship pilot. He’s not.
    Has a ton of theoretical engineering knowledge, but probably couldn’t actually fix a broken toaster
    Even for a scientist he’s socially awkward.

Thread Information