STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 12 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by glmacedo View Post
    Feel a bit dumb... but got to ask - I understand that CT is a work in progress... but is there any type of automation for the NPCs (even if it is just like the PCs and based off on the Character Sheet) or the whole NPC entry is mostly for reference and dice should be rolled manually?
    I think I figured it out... the NPC entry is mostly for reference... there doesn't seem to be any automation out there yet, right? I was thinking the "Damage" box would be for attacks and such, but I think it is just for tracking damage to the NPC in question... let me know if this is correct.

There is automation on the NPC sheet to help with combat till a combat tracker link can be done. I added skill rolls that link to the built in skills for the game and are linked to their respective attribute. I also gave an area to track weapon damage as well. Unfortunately the NPC sheet isn't very robust and doesn't go further than that. So the DM will need to do more with this extension for combat. Just not getting more till combat tracker would be done.

I have run a few one shots with my personal group, and got it to its current state to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    There is automation on the NPC sheet to help with combat till a combat tracker link can be done. I added skill rolls that link to the built in skills for the game and are linked to their respective attribute. I also gave an area to track weapon damage as well. Unfortunately the NPC sheet isn't very robust and doesn't go further than that. So the DM will need to do more with this extension for combat. Just not getting more till combat tracker would be done.

I have run a few one shots with my personal group, and got it to its current state to help with that.
    Ok, so I guess I just need to figure out the syntax for the damage then

Well can be "weaponname" #d#. This will roll the number of dice and type of dice that you input with the tag of the weaponname.

Well can be "weaponname" #d#. This will roll the number of dice and type of dice that you input with the tag of the weaponname.
    Awesome! Will test it tonight!

Just tested - I now understand that this was due tog lack of understanding of the MoreCore ruleset... I didn't realize that the "dice chain" was being added to the "Dice Box" and was expecting a direct roll like the PC sheets.

Everything works now and as I said initially, I feel dumb :P

Oh wow, sorry! I always forget the dice pool. As rule of thumb for my extensions, is disable it when you start a new campaign. Always meant to disable it within the extension.

Oh wow, sorry! I always forget the dice pool. As rule of thumb for my extensions, is disable it when you start a new campaign. Always meant to disable it within the extension.
    Yeah, I come from the d20 systems and the dice box/pool doesn't show on those, so it kinda thru me off for a bit.

It was interesting though - when I closed it (via the checkbox", not disabling it on settings) it gave me an error when I tried... But I'm ok with it rolling there - it doesn't bother me

Hi Superteddy57, I am very slowly putting together an extension for Battletech: A Time of War. I like the layout you have done for the stats blcok on the front sheet and was wondering if you would allow me to use that code and modify to suit the BT:ATOW character stats that need displaying. I am not very good at the code writing thing from scratch but can get by modifying existing code.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Hi Superteddy57, I am very slowly putting together an extension for Battletech: A Time of War. I like the layout you have done for the stats blcok on the front sheet and was wondering if you would allow me to use that code and modify to suit the BT:ATOW character stats that need displaying. I am not very good at the code writing thing from scratch but can get by modifying existing code.
    Sure, it's mostly frame placement. The only thing I ask anyone using my code is to release it to the community so others can benefit and have fun.

Thread Information