STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unidentified Items driving me mad!

I've noticed that now I have to ID everything for my players. I can't find the option to turn it off and it's making me crazy! Where did it go?
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

It was removed. All items now default to an identified state unless they are specifically set to not identified. I’m assuming that your source has the items specifically unidentified.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Gah! you know how much of a pain in the butt this is when you have 5+ players who take stuff out of the party sheet and then it turns unidentified? It's a nightmare. Is there some way I can disable this at all? Oh and these are things that I have put into the items and they are identified.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    Gah! you know how much of a pain in the butt this is when you have 5+ players who take stuff out of the party sheet and then it turns unidentified? It's a nightmare. Is there some way I can disable this at all? Oh and these are things that I have put into the items and they are identified.
    Sounds like this could be an issue rather than expected behavior.

Please type /ver in the chat window and post a screenshot of the whole chat window here.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 28th, 2018 at 23:56.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    Are these items coming out of a pre-generated modules (if yes, which one)?

I can recreate the issue - just using adventuring gear from the "SW Deluxe Player Guide" module.

1) Enable the "Party: Show inventory to clients" campaign option.
    2) Drag a few "Adventuring Gear" items to the "Parcel Items" section of the Party Sheet -> Inventory.
    3) The players will see these items - and their details, because at this point they are identified.
    4) As a player - drag an item from the Party Sheet -> Parcel items and drop on a PC inventory - the item appears as unidentified in the PC inventory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for detailed steps how to reproduce this. I will take a look at it, hopefully today.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I am getting the same issue with any items in player inventory that were dragged in from the Fantasy Companion. They are all now listed as Unidentified Item, even though in previous games they were in the same inventory and were listed correctly.

The issue was patched and suggested for upcoming maintenance update. Thanks for the report
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Thread Information