Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hi wrandalljr4,

Not to put a dampener on your ambitions, but as the Developer who did what you are asking for another Ruleset (the 13th Age Ruleset) I can tell you that that took about 1000 hours of work (by me, not including the cost/work for the Tokens we ended up using, nor the testing and play-testing done by the person who actually commissioned the work) - and as a Professional Programmer I get Professional Programmer Rates (circa US$75/hour), because its just not worth it to do such a project unless its done as a labour of love - the commission return after paying SmiteWorks and the game's original publisher for their IP means that you simply don't make any money unless the underlying game is *extremely* popular (I'm talking 5E D&D-popular).

So, having said all of that, if you're still willing to go ahead then drop me a PM and we'll get the details sorted. As a general rule, I can commit up to about 32 hours a month, paid monthly - any more hours a month and I'll have to drop other work which means we'll need to organise remuneration fortnightly or even weekly.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; December 4th, 2018 at 02:22.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

<redacted>
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Hello Dulux-oz

Thank you for responding and I fully understand all that is involved, I just needed a willing developer and an estimated cost that would be involved.
    Thes cost is not my issue, I can raise the funds, I just need to find someone that can do the work so we can work out a schedule and start time for the project in 2019.

I am sure there is more involved then I know, but I need these question answered before we can began to move forward. I just need the math to work and everything fully automated.

Once started, I would like the project to be complated within six months. But all this can be worked out.

Warren

Quote Originally Posted by wrandalljr4 View Post
    I just need the math to work and everything fully automated.

Once started, I would like the project to be complated within six months. But all this can be worked out.
    The problem is you haven't provided any specifics, so there's no estimate to give. The one ballpark, completely hypothetical estimate and the amount of time they'd have to commit would get you about 10-15% of the way to a complete ruleset based on the hours they've put into previous ones.

"I just need it to work" isn't probably going to be enough, especially considering nobody knows how far the rules diverge from any other existing ruleset.

One of the things you need to want to remember going forward is that "all this can be worked out" (implied: later) is essentially guaranteeing anyone who knows what they're doing (in FG or any other commissioned work) will quietly pass on your offer.

@wrandalljr4 - this is probably frustrating for you. You just want a developer to do some work. But, without information of the details of the RPG system, most developers are just going to pass - unless they are already familiar with the system. Anyone who would do a good job for you will have been down this road before - and probably got burnt from mismatched expectations, so will automatically be very cautious.

Could you put a few pages from the rulebook together in a PDF that shows the various key mechanics of the system - character sheet and stats/abilities/skills/spells/powers/etc., equipment, combat, spells/power system, task system, etc., etc.. The key things that would be required to get the system running in FG. This will probably help any semi-interested developers review what the system's about and then can get in touch and discuss further (maybe then you could supply any seriously interested developer with a complimentary copy of the rules to do a deep dive into the system).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Good day wrandalljr4,

I have a consulting firm and would be willing to look at your requirements. Feel free to PM me with what requirements you have at this point. Also, I am not bound to FG, nor do I work for them. However, if you have other requirements for technology outside of FG, I can look at those too.

Edit: To note, much of your concern is you are not an Architect that can explain to developers your requirements. This is what I do for a living is architect those requirements so that developers can go and do what they do best, develop. This is why developers cannot answer your questions or pricing. I do charge an upfront cost to architect all your requirements out, after which you should have a good ballpark going forward for development time and costs AND, those developers will no longer be asking these types of posts you are seeing.

Todd
    Last edited by Tex; December 4th, 2018 at 18:13.

Blog Entries
    I coded most of the dice rolls in MoreCore. They were all pretty straight forward rolls. No weird exploding dice etc. Most are 2d10+skill vs target.
    I dont think this is a 1,000 hour ruleset.
    If a dev is actually interested and has the time just contact the OP via PM and request a copy of the rulebook. I had him describe most of the mechanics to me over the course of building the MoreCore rolls and he was able to do that quite clearly for me.

Hello Damned

Thank you for your input, this is all new to me and I have no clue how to request help. :-)

Warren

This is not everything, but it gives a good idea of the mechanics.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/739...lvri_82650.pdf

I will work on a document that will pretty much describe the mechanics. Anything that someone would need to know about the game, I am will to provide.

Warren

Thread Information