5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Dungeonfog

Well, you can download your maps as .png files and I suppose you could delete them from dungeonfog. Not that anyone would want to steal my IP anyway
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
    Is premium only good for early access then? I only see a handful of "default" assets
    You have to go into the asset manager and select new assets, or upload new ones from your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    Not sure if I understood the data privacy part and the usage terms correctly, but as far as I understood you can access your content as long as you have a subscription running. It will be kept there for some time, in case you are going to renew at some time, but that‘s it.
    I don‘t like
    A) to be excluded from my content, when I’m not permanently paying
    B) to put everything in the cloud, where you have no guarantee on someone stealing your intellectual property
    C) you can‘t modify your content with many browser, like safari on iPad

But hey, as anyone likes it. It‘s nothing for me...
    A fair point, after all, a reason I moved to FG was to own rather than rent the use of my own content.

The slight difference here is that once you export your map as an image, you pretty much have it where as on roll20, you can't, your map/game lives or dies on roll20. All you loose is the ability to edit it using DF tools which is an acceptable TOS for me. If I ever wanted to leave DF, I could export all my maps in various formats and just loose the ability to edit using DF, which if I'm leaving DF is kind of a moot point. One thing I do like is that it's designed for offline games in the export options with various formats such as PDF and SVG so I can print them out in ready to assemble forms.

I already own the whole Campaign Cartographer Suite with most annuals, started to use it with CC2 for Harnmaster maps (there was an extension to support the art style) many years ago. For quick maps I use Illwinter‘s floorplan generator. In both cases I have the sources readily available to make changes on the fly offline.
    The ability to edit the maps for different zoom levels or to create variations in layers like Player/GM variants offline is important for me, too. Something which is not possible with Dungeon Fog. In addition I hate to pay monthly subscriptions, be it patreon, or other recurring models. Alone the hassle to cancel subscriptions, and remembering where you paid how many when with what account makes me sick.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, haven't heard of that one > Illwinter‘s floorplan generator. Is it new?
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Hmm, haven't heard of that one > Illwinter‘s floorplan generator. Is it new?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post407764
    Not that much new, but only available on Steam.

Thread Information