FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last
    I mean a Fantasy Grounds official ruleset approved by White Wolf. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Paradox / White Wolf can't seem to get their act together. Modiphius has taken over publishing, as far as I understand.

It will probably never be "sanctioned", but it doesn't have to be. You cannot copyright rules. As for when it comes out... 2-3 months ago they said on stream that it wasn't far off. Soooooo.....

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    I mean a Fantasy Grounds official ruleset approved by White Wolf. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Modiphius is publishing, if they ever say they are working on the ruleset take it with a grain of salt.

Just go with whatever the community has for now.

As for people saying you cannot copyright rules, maybe not in your country but you absolutely can in mine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    As for people saying you cannot copyright rules, maybe not in your country but you absolutely can in mine.
    Well, given that SmiteWorks is headquartered and this website is hosted (I think) in the USA, those are generally the laws that matter. The general legal consensus supported by multiple US court judgements indicate that game mechanics themselves can not be protected under US Copyright law. Now, with anything legal, their are always differing opinions, but their is significant case law supporting this view. For instance, see;
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...yright_law.php

Also, the US Copyright office states " Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed" And you can delve more into what they mean by that here; https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf

And there is a well cited article on wikipedia here; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_...#Legal_aspects

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello! Definitely interested to see if there is something like this in the works here.

Been running a game for awhile now and I'm eager to see if there are other players about that I can bounce ideas off of.

I'd also be interested in a 5th edition rules set.

Quote Originally Posted by The Malk View Post
    Hello! Definitely interested to see if there is something like this in the works here.

Been running a game for awhile now and I'm eager to see if there are other players about that I can bounce ideas off of.
    Hi, I've not tried running 5th edition but I'm running a long 2nd edition game if you wanted to ping me I'd be happy to chat about things.
    Ultimate License holder.

Discord username: Halaku

Currently GMing:
    * Ashes of Ardenyan Chapter 2 - Pathfinder
    * Venice by Night - Vampire the Masquerade
    * Adventures in the Ebony Kingdom - Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition

Playing In:

Finished Campaigns
    * Curse of Strahd - DnD 5e
    * Ashes of Ardenyan - Pathfinder
    * Necessary Evil the Next Generation - Masks
    * Slipstream - Savage Worlds
    * Necessary Evil - Savage Worlds
    * Star Wars Age of Rebellion - FFG Star Wars

Any update on the ruleset? About to start running an online game.

I found on the internet two screenshot from the reference manual, so I presume the progress is quite good, but who is doing the ruleset and when it will be available - I have no idea...

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I found on the internet two screenshot from the reference manual, so I presume the progress is quite good, but who is doing the ruleset and when it will be available - I have no idea...

More pictures would be greatly appreciated

ULTIMATE LICENSE OWNER

Seems like they are working on creating a purchaseable version of the 5th edtion book. Which is cool. But getting such things through can take a long time, and I wish the base ruleset would be released right now. MoreCore is servicable, but I suspect the actual ruleset would be a lot better. I would still buy the 5th edition module if the ruleset and module was seperate. I mean. D&D does that.

Pretty please?

Vires Animi

Thread Information