Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I had the same problem but my computer just had to re download the mono and it started working again. I am not sure exactly what triggered it, but once that was done it started up like normal.

Has anyone found a definitive solution for this? I run a game every other week that went on hiatus for just over a month and when we came back Mojave was a thing and now FG won't launch. I tried the steps outlined above. I have done a back up and reinstall. It launched and was fine until I tried to add stuff to the campaign and now it is broken again. As the DM it is obviously an issue if I can't make changes to the campaign. My download is from the FG website, not from Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife View Post
    Has anyone found a definitive solution for this? I run a game every other week that went on hiatus for just over a month and when we came back Mojave was a thing and now FG won't launch. I tried the steps outlined above. I have done a back up and reinstall. It launched and was fine until I tried to add stuff to the campaign and now it is broken again. As the DM it is obviously an issue if I can't make changes to the campaign. My download is from the FG website, not from Steam.
    Welcome to the FG forums.

Can you give us a bit more information on how FG is broken please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the welcome. Last Saturday FG was behaving identically as the OP described. Click the icon and nothing happens. That kind of thing. Prior to that on Friday it was misbehaving by not automatically opening a finder window when clicking on the file window for things like images and maps. Prior to the update to Mojave if I clicked that window I could drag and drop things from desktop to the appropriate folder and it would appear in game. After the Mojave update it wouldn't do that and forced me to go in the long way. Not a problem really because I know where those folders live. After the day of adding to the campaign I closed out normally. Next day I went to open it and it was a dead app as previously described. I backed up my files, uninstalled and reinstalled again from the FG store. I entered my ultimate license and put my previous campaign files back where they belong. FG loads up. All of the data is where it should be it looks great. I tried to continue to edit my campaign and we are back to square one. I found this thread today, followed the wineskin app refresh instructions and it behaved like the app was going to launch at first but then nothing. Back to a completely dead app again.

I had a cousin who had this same problem. He had to kill his integro virus protection program, and then everything worked great. I might add that I use Mojave with no problems, but I am running FG through Parallels on a virtual machine.

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately not applicable in this case.

Have you tried disabling whatever your anti-virus might be?

Blog Entries
    You say that it worked until you added stuff to your campaign folder? Can you describe the steps you are taking there and what sort of files you were adding? It seems strange that it would break from that. When you do that, I would recommend that you only add stuff directly into the campaign folder's images, tokens folders. If you replace stuff inside the .app at a higher level, perhaps it is replacing the WINE required files and preferences with the one from the non-working version.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You say that it worked until you added stuff to your campaign folder? Can you describe the steps you are taking there and what sort of files you were adding? It seems strange that it would break from that. When you do that, I would recommend that you only add stuff directly into the campaign folder's images, tokens folders. If you replace stuff inside the .app at a higher level, perhaps it is replacing the WINE required files and preferences with the one from the non-working version.
    Thanks for the suggestion. All I added was a battle map and an image of a village to the images folder along side all of the other images I had in the campaign folder I’ve been using for the last 6 months. Aside from the fact that the in app folder button no longer directly took me to that specific image folder I followed the same procedures to add an image that I always have. The village and the battle map did not appear in game after I added them which was strange. The token for a custom monster that I added the day prior did function properly and appeared in game. I was able to attach it to the enemy NPC I created as I always do.

Thread Information