5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Dungeon of the Mad Mage Release Date

SmiteWorks,
    Given that it appears WotC has pushed the released date for the print version, now November 9th for WPN outlets and Nov 20th for general release, does this push the FG release date to November 9th as well?

Also, will the Maps and Miscellany product be available as an FG product?

Reference; https://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ed-By-One-Week

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we were updated this morning and we have adjusted our date to Nov 9 as well. There will now be two D&D modules releasing on the 9th - Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica and Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

Blog Entries
    Any word on if you will have a "Maps and Miscellany" module? I'm assuming not... but, wanted to verify.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    The maps in the separate product are enlarged and laminated versions of the ones in the adventure.

Or better yet, maybe combined into one module...

So far it looks like WotC found a way to split a product that used to be one book into two separately sold products, at an overall higher price.

I guess we'll see when they finally ship...

Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    Or better yet, maybe combined into one module...

So far it looks like WotC found a way to split a product that used to be one book into two separately sold products, at an overall higher price.

I guess we'll see when they finally ship...
    For me it looks more like that the adventure is as usual (so with maps inside) and that the map package is only an expansion with the same maps but laminated and enlarged, ready to play at the table (as DDavison also already mentioned) and the latter one does normally not have in an adventure book. It seems to be the same like what Paizo is doing, so I do not see anything bad here and I can understand when they offer the laminated maps separately (because that is not so cheap in general) So it is more like that they increase their offers and not that they split their offers into separate smaller ones without decreasing the prize

Blog Entries
    It shouldn't change anything for Fantasy Grounds since the maps are included. The maps are in the same style as the Dragon Heist maps.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The maps are in the same style as the Dragon Heist maps.
    Boo! I'm going to stop buying WOTC stuff if they keep up with the minimalistic map style. I'd be happy to pay a little more to cover the artist costs but I really don't want to have to then prep the map (dropping pins, setting up encounters, etc).

Blog Entries
    I prefer the more simple maps for DMing the modules from the books. For VTT, they are functional but not as nice.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Any word yet if our favorite resident mapmaker/WotC module creator is going to create maps for this, like he did with Dragon Heist?
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Thread Information