5E Character Create Playlist
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Lots of new blood

Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of new players showing up lately (and I am not talking about converts from Roll20)? Maybe I need to block out some time and try running another game, finally put this fine Savage Worlds ruleset to use.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Oh, you should. The world needs more GMs.
    I've heard lots of good things about Savage Worlds. If I ever finish Engineer Suite, SW would be the next ruleset I'd code for I think.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Oh, you should. The world needs more GMs.
    I always think about going with D&D for a game, back to my roots from 'way, way back', but 5e it just doesn't hold the excitement spark for very long like back in the day with 1e AD&D and earlier.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    New folks showing up every day. Fire up a game and show a few of them Old School!

(Or anything really, I'm always for more GMing!)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    I always think about going with D&D for a game, back to my roots from 'way, way back', but 5e it just doesn't hold the excitement spark for very long like back in the day with 1e AD&D and earlier.
    Castles and Crusades for the win!
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    Castles and Crusades for the win!
    ...and I thought you were referring to 13th Age for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Fire up a game and show a few of them Old School!
    That's easy! You want Old School? Come on over to Uncle Dulux's. We've got Star Frontiers (c1986) and Deadlands Classic (c1996) every weekend on alternate weekends - and we can still fit in another player or two in each of those if people want in.

Or check out the Star Frontiers games on Twitch and YouTube - and the Deadlands games are coming Soon(TM)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    We've got Star Frontiers (c1986)
    Now there's a blast from the past

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    I would advise making a couple of minor changes and running it like you would have run 1e (sans leveling via gold of course) I have found a lot of my issues with modern D&D (3e onward) were as much to do with the tonality of play as with the mechanical side of things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    ...and I thought you were referring to 13th Age for the win.
    I have never even looked at any 13th Age material.

Yes the number of new people in the forums and discord is awesome! 3 of the 5 players that have signed up for my C&C campaign are new to FG - all having created accounts since July.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information