DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Larger maps on a TV using localhost

Hello!

Im a semi new DM whos been looking for a way to switch from the never ending printing of maps to digital maps. I´ve been looking around and found FG and read that it could be used for Face to Face sessions. I´ve bought the standard license and fiddled around with it today. Im absolutely in love with the automation power FG has but one thing has me thinking: i want to use (sometime in the future) a megadungeon map and have the players explore it. The thing is, atleast from what i understand, is that when i move my GM map, the shared players map stays still. The way it is now forces me to constantly have to move the mouse over from my PC screen into the TV screen and move the map from there. It would be 10 times easier if I could just move it with the GM map and the shared players map would move with it in the same direction. Is that even possible?

There is no way to automate it, but two things help. Turn on "center map" and during combats the map will center on the active token. Also, there is a "Sync Map" option on the right click menu, so after moving the map within the window, select that and all players' maps will move to show the same view.

Aah, the sync option worked that way! I was wondering why nothing happened when i pressed it the last time. Thank you!

I have also learned something this day. *cheers*

Thread Information