DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Initiative

Initiative

Thought I'd run this over with you guys. I was thinking about putting an initiative entry on the minisheet, that way players could enter their own initiative. It would then be automatically updated in the combat tracker. This way all the DM has to do is refresh the combat tracker every round. What'ya think, good or bad idea? Gotta beat the old drag-n-drop method.
    Last edited by tdwyer11b; July 11th, 2006 at 13:15.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

It sounds nice... but you only have to do the drag and drop once at the start of combat right?

Hmmm, I guess if you are in a game where you have several combats in one session it would make life easier. The dm gets the bad guys init setup while the players do theirs.

How do you refresh the init tracker?

rv

You only need to drag the players info once you start combat. It automatically updates based off of the character sheet.

In order to have something tied to init, I think all you need to do is update the definition in the desktop?.xml or something like that. It would be the same thing as HP, which are tracked automatically.

I don't know the technical, perhaps someone can chime in and see if it can be done.

Sandeman
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

That is a good idea, I may have to look at that as well. I usually type the inits in the tracker. I wonder if it could still be sorted it is was produced off of data pulled from another sheet. I will have to take a look-see at this.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle

How do you refresh the init tracker?

rv
    You open the radial menu in the comabt tracker and there is the option to sort entries by initiative.

As far as the coding goes, all I would need to do is create a numbercontrol on the minisheet, then reference it in the utility .xml under the minisheet entry.
    Last edited by tdwyer11b; July 11th, 2006 at 23:55.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Quote Originally Posted by tdwyer11b
    As far as the coding goes, all I would need to do is create a numbercontrol on the minisheet, then reference it in the utility .xml under the minisheet entry.
    The ruleset I sent you has that already in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    Hmmm, have to look at this I'm actually thinking of adding this function to my 2e ruleset. My minisheet is a little larger than the d20 rulesets sheet. I haven't gotten around to using all the functions of the other rulesets. Thanx for the heads up though, at least knowing when my coding crashes, I have something to look at.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    Yep, it's in there. Makes me feel like a goon for starting this post now Still would be a worthwhile mod to the d20 rulesets though.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle
    That is a good idea, I may have to look at that as well. I usually type the inits in the tracker. I wonder if it could still be sorted it is was produced off of data pulled from another sheet. I will have to take a look-see at this.
    No need to Snik, got bored and made it happen (this is in the d20 ruleset). If anyones interested the files are hosted below. Unless you wanna make this a FUM freebie Snik, lemme know. Speaking of which, when does this months newsletter come out.

Set up a little video demonstration. You can see me making changes in the minisheet which update in the combat tracker. Then I can refresh the tracker with the new init results.

7/12/06 Files are being moved to another location.
    Last edited by tdwyer11b; July 13th, 2006 at 07:52.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

getting a file not found error with the link to the files. video worked great though.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Thread Information