Starfinder Playlist

Pointers and highlighted fields

Hi all

I tried the circle and cone pointers in 3.5e and it seems to me that the highlighted/shadowed fields are often not on their correct place. When I use the circle pointer with the centrum in the middle of a square and when I span it along some of the canonical axes (like the x-axis), then the highlighted fields are not distributed symmetrically when I e.g. reach 20 ft. (regardless if I span it to some other centrum of a square or to the boundary of that square).

I sadly didn't find any thread about it (only some in 2009) and so I wanted to ask if there is some workaround? thank you very much in advance

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

There is no workaround. The shading uses a very simple determination for whether a grid square is included (i.e. center point, I believe); and it gets asymmetrical due to rounding errors. This is being redesigned in the future, but no timelines right now. For now, just ignore the shading, if it doesn't work for your needs.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah okay, thank you very much for your quick answer Now I know

Kelgrem,
    With that point my group play that if the "lines" of the pointer touch an object/enemy it counts as "in"... a house rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfront View Post
    Kelgrem,
    With that point my group play that if the "lines" of the pointer touch an object/enemy it counts as "in"... a house rule.
    Yes, we also do it now in that way, thank you Although we also have the typical 3.5e rule "The field has to be occupied at least in a half by the circle etc." which is in the most cases easy to see, therefore the highlighted-fields-problem is not really that problem

Thread Information