5E Character Create Playlist

Player with multiple tokens?

First of all, I apologize if this has been asked before. I did some searching, but couldn’t find a answer that fit my question. If one exist please point me in the right direction.

I currently run a 5e game on Roll20 and we’re looking to migrate to FG soon (saving the money to buy the essential rule books that were used to having access to). I have a Druid in my group and with Roll20 I was able to make a multi-sided token. Basically a token with multiple images that he can switch to when he used Wild Shape.

Is there a way to do this in FG? Most threads seem to point at sharing NPC/Monster tokens to the player and moving that token into the combat tracker. While that works, I’m hoping for something a bit quicker such as having multiple tokens has allowed us.

Thank you!

The GM can drag and drop a token onto the entry on the combat tracker, and it will switch the token on the map. Just create a bag of all the possible tokens for the druid, and they will then all be in the same place.

Is wild shape just changing the appearance, but not the stats? If you have different stats as well, why don‘t create another character (actually copying by exporting and importing), changing the token and stats, changing the owner to this player, and there you go. I would just run the inventory on the main char. You can do similar to companions, etc.

Welcome to the FG forums Canum!

There can sometimes be some confusion with the terminology "token" with people used to Roll20 and people used to Fantasy Grounds. In Fantasy Grounds a token is just a graphic on the map, in itself it has no inherent data. What usually happens is that a token is attached to a NPC or PC record in the combat tracker, with all the details of the NPC/PC stored in the record in the combat tracker. Therefore, in FG it is very easy to change the "token" in FG terms - changing the graphic assigned to the detailed record in the combat tracker.

However, I'm guessing that you're more referring to changing the PC record details when the PC uses wild shape? For this, it is usually best to do as Targas mentions - have a second PC record and just swap that out as needed. It's a couple of drag/drop operations - drag the required PC record to the combat tracker from the character selection window, drag the token of the new record on the combat tracker to the map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I tried the extra character sheet thing and found it a bit awkward. Instead, I made a Wild Shape module, copied the beasts into it (minus any I never intended to use), edited the stats as appropriate and mailed it to the DM. Anytime I shapeshift I get the DM to drop the appropriate NPC into the tracker and map, make it friendly and I take control of it.

Thread Information