Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I just got dumped!!

About two months ago I joined a D&D campaign with a group of people whom I met here on the Fantasy Grounds forum. At first we met online on Discord and we spoke at length to see if we were a good fit. I was honest with them about who I am, my experience, my play style, and my expectations. They talked about it and then welcomed me into their group. I agreed to commit to playing on a bi-weekly basis. I created a character and joined their campaign. We have been playing for just under 2 months and just recently I found out that they are letting me go ... dumping me!

This sucks! I invested myself in my character, role-played to the best of my ability, and got to know a group of people I might have considered friends. I'm devastated!

To be honest, I don't know if I can do this again! Being on the other side of the world, it took my six months to find a group with a game at the right time for me, and who were willing to accept me.

I love D&D and I love Fantasy Grounds but this just sucks!

Blog Entries
    Hey Travellintroll

Dont sweat it - I know its not fun - but it does happen.
    Get yourself out there and find another game - sometimes people go through several groups before finding one that matches.
    There are not many game slots left but there are plenty of odd spaces at FG Con - https://www.fg-con.com/events - playing in One-Shots allows you to meet more people, more GMs, more Players and this can lead to new opportunities.

yeah don't worry about it.. maybe you should DM your own game ..I actually have only played 2 sessions as a player myself .. I could never find a game that would accept me .. so I decided to DM instead..My first game of D&D or in fact any rpg game was as a DM using FG . (Lost mines of Phandelver) I took an extra month to kinda learn the rules and FG interface then went for it. Granted DMing may not be for everyone but it does give you the flexibility to determine the time and how you want things to go .. If I can do it ,, anyone can .. give it a try ..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Blog Entries
    Man, that sucks. Don't give up, you'll find a new group. As Damned pointed out, the FG-CON is a great place to meet people. One of my players tonight said that one-shot he played in during the con lead to a year-long campaign with the same people. Give it a shot.

BTW, when are you able to play? I might have an opening in my Monday 5e game (19:00 UTC-4) if your available. We are an established group that just finished a pathfinder adventure path and moving to 5e. We play weekly and starting the Sunless Citadel, then WDragon Heist. Hit me up if your interested and available.

I'm sorry to hear that, while it does happen that's a rather long time to wait before coming to such a decision. I usually have a 1-3 trial period of no hard feelings, after which I'll try to work with a player if any problems arise after that.

Roleplaying is such a fun hobby and sharing some laughs with friendly people doing so is great. So don't let this discourage you, as the above posters have said it does take time and often a few tries to find a good solid group that fits both you and the other way around.

By the looks of your post I have a feeling you might not be in the same timezone, but I am starting up a short level 1-3 dungeon delve adventure (The Sunless Citadel). If that interests you send me a PM with the application questions filled out and there might be a short adventure with some fun new people for you to play through that with. A fresh start.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46040-LFP-The-Sunless-Citadel-D-amp-D-5e-Saturday-9-pm-(EU)-GMT-UTC-0

In either case, there will be more games out there and there's lots of great and fun people who share this hobby of ours here, so don't loose heart.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

i could suggest some people that have open seats for games but they require you to have a mic because they stream FG games. Twitch has a lot of streamers supported by Fantasy Grounds College, that have tons of games. not to mention maybe FGC will soon have open games after FC-Con is over and they get situated in their new home (website).

I have to be honest and say I've never heard of such a thing happening. Usually the complaint is about flaky DMs or players. Dumping a player after a campaign has started is a new one. Totally uncool. I have to wonder, did this come from the DM or from the group? Were you given any reasons for this severance? Reading your post, you come across as a reasonable, intelligent, committed, and articulate player. As a DM there is very little else I would want!

This thread is not what I expected when I opened it...
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    This thread is not what I expected when I opened it...
    Excepting a "Dear John..." style, were we?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

What time zone are you? I am looking for a player near GMT+9 (Japan). Sunday evenings 8 to 10:30. 5e DnD. See my recruitment post if interested.

Kevin

Thread Information