DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG map square grid overlay 50x50 standard

So many maps are so failed at aligning in FG. this is because the nature of FG and how it draws its grid. Well I got sick of it. the top/left lines and not drawing the right/bottom lines on the grid... it causes so many problems when people try to make maps for FG, or convert other maps to FG and need some convoluted program...

Well if you are making the standard 50x50 pixel grid square maps and want to make sure your on map grid can line up with FG, then here is a grid made to line up perfectly with the way FG generates the grid lines. Use is for an overlay layer in your image editing program so you can align your grid lines with the ones FG will generate.

IF this exists somewhere else, I couldn't find it, and people should have an easy accessible and free image (under CC0) to be able to create maps for FG that will line up perfectly with the line drawing engine in FG.

screenshot0016.png
    Last edited by shadzar; November 2nd, 2018 at 09:07.

Due to the alignment issue I decided a long time ago to use gridless maps, and just add the grid in FG. But I am saving a copy of this and I am sure it will be useful at some point. Thanks for sharing!

There's always the map align utiltiy

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid

Which helps align the grid on your map to the one FG will add. Its very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    There's always the map align utiltiy
    already covered that

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    convert other maps to FG and need some convoluted program...
    the intent of this PNG file is for when you are making maps that are new. you have a maximum size image for FG Classic, with the 50x50 grid already present that you can align your maps to so that they will fit the standard grid dimensions of FG when you apply a grid with the grid tool at 50 pixels.

this way new maps will always have the on map grid be able to align with the grid in FG so that tokens will "snap" to the right place for those using the grid tool and token snapping. for anyone else, its just a free 50x50 grid to put on maps even if they dont use FG's grid tool that will align to the grid if they choose to share their maps in a module for people that DO use the rid tool and snap tokens to the grid.

do it right to begin with and you dont have to use a program to fix it later.

*Note, i say free because anyone can use this in personal use or for profit without crediting or paying me for it, though i am unsure what FG allows fully for things posted on its forums. so as for MY part... anyone can use this grid in part or in whole and sell the maps, sell the grid (why anyone would by it when they can get it here free is beyond me but i digress), i dont care.. i made it for my use because i was sick of making correctly gridded maps and not aligning in FG, so i was forced to do it the way FG made grids, and figured everyone should have ability to use it without having to make their own.
    (not that it takes much to make it its just black lines on transparent background but some things shouldnt have to be repeated when the work has already been done once.)

as requested by someone, blue grid of ye olde graph paper days...

released under CC0.

Thread Information