5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Token handles?

Token handles?

i cant seem t find if this is answered...

Do tokens have a footprint other than their art? if i place a transparent backed circle as a token without a frame and background is it supposed to function that only the actual circle can be grabbed and moved on the map?

does the background and or frame required to make FG recognize the entire token as grab-able without clicking inside and not being able to touch a token on the map?

I'm pretty sure there is no 'footprint' other than the art, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Maybe I missed something.

One way around it is to use a program like GIMP or Photoshop and set the opacity of the transparent section of the token to 1%. I did that to some spell tokens.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

not a bad idea at all

Blog Entries
    Yes, so FG intentionally only selects the part of the image that is not transparent. This is useful, and annoying, depending upon the use case. The 1% solution works well if you know you always want to be able to grab anywhere on the token.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The 1% solution works well if you know you always want to be able to grab anywhere on the token.

i think for something like this, trying to grab the non-transparent would just be too annoying. so going to have to add the "base" to it with 1%.

Good example of when I'd do the same. I don't do it to all tokens. But tokens like the above, or any tokens that I plan on using as moving map pieces that I place on another layer, I usually do.

yeah the 1% made it where you can grab the token in the tokens window instead of grabbing the whole window and moving it instead of the token.

Glad I could help!

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Glad I could help!
    yup made lots more things possible...

IIRC it used to be like that, as I had trouble moving around large graphics with surrounding alpha, I'd randomly select something due to the large alpha border. I'm not sure when this changed, but it only selects the token when a solid non-alpha portion of the token is selected.

Thread Information