DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The PFRPG ruleset layers on top of the 3.5E ruleset - where the parse code is. Look at campaign\scripts\manager_char.lua in the 3.5E.pak ruleset file.
    That file would be nice too look at, but I cant find it there is no such path that I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
    That file would be nice too look at, but I cant find it there is no such path that I can find.
    The ruleset is packaged in a compressed format, with the .pak extension - 3.5E.pak in this case. This is essentially a ZIPped file with the extension changed from .zip to .pak.

Information in the developer Wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...rview#Rulesets

Also, as a starting point, read in info in Chapter 1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eveloper_Guide
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well that was fairly straight forward, Large creatures now importing properly! Yay.
    On a side note, I think I found a bug, or at least something that was left out of the code.. The size racial trait automatically calculates the Stealth (or hide), but thats not the only skill that is altered based on size. the FLY skill also receives a bonus/penalty based on size.. I think its twice the penalty/bonus as stealth receives. Not yet quite familiar with .lua, so I'm not sure how to fix that, but I dont imagine it would be all that hard. It is also a core element, found in the Pathfinder Core or PFSRD, and is also OGL. Granted, it doesnt appear you are handling any sort of fly mechanics including fly speed or maneuverability so may be this is not included for that reasons. Just thought I'd point it out.

I'm gonna have fun with this... I always did enjoy trying program in a new language using the copypasta method.. and failing miserably. [not sarcasm]

Cant wait to see what else I can make work. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
    Well that was fairly straight forward, Large creatures now importing properly! Yay.
    Cant wait to see what else I can make work. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
    Glad you got into it and got it working.

One word of warning - if you are modifying 3.5E.pak directly, make sure you take backups - as this will get overwritten then next time you run an update. Therefore, the recommended step is to write an extension to just change the "stuff" you want and to run on top of the base ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hrm.. I've followed the tutorial to create the extension, it shows up and loads without errors but, when it runs with the same code I used to get it to work in by editing the manger_char.lua inside the 35e.pak... It doesnt work. Not sure what I did wrong.

Blog Entries
    The easiest way is to actually replace that whole file:

<script name="CharManager" file="campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua" />

At the moment the way you have included the script it doesnt know where to use it.
    There is probably a way to just rewrite the one function and include it but Trenloe might have to guide you on that...

Toby, for our sanity and efficiency, it is better if you paste the code into a code box here on the forum instead of forcing us to go unpack an extension. I suspect I know how to do what you want, but I need to hit the rack tonight.

Thread Information