DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Supported Arithmetic Operations

FG xml doesn't appear to support the modulus operation, so I figured I'd save myself some trouble and just ask what arithmetic operations a source supports with the op tag.
    Last edited by ducbian; June 27th, 2006 at 21:47.

To the best of my knowledge:
    addition "+"
    subtraction "-"
    multiplication "*"
    division "/" (or it might be "\" - as I recall one of these works while the other crashes FG)

Quote Originally Posted by ducbian
    FG xml doesn't appear to support the modulus operation
    It does if you get creative.

Thank you Toadwart,

To Cantstanzua however...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    It does if you get creative.
    That's the most useless stupid arse about face reply possible, why not elaborate rather than smugly wandering in here, stating its possible and then pissing off again!

I'd have to do the calculation below in the xml which is going to be a headache;

(a - (a-(a/b)*b))/b
    Last edited by ducbian; June 28th, 2006 at 13:47.

ducbian,

I'm sure you are frustrated, but there is no need to take it out on Cantstanzya. For some, just the knowledge that something is possible that they didn't believe to be is sufficient to motivate them to continue. With a fresh start, sometimes things fall into place. Stranger things have happened...

Failing that, you would be better served, I am sure, if you simply asked for an explanation. Snapping at someone you desire assistance from is not usually the best course of action!

This board is a very friendly, welcoming place. That is not to say that everyone here is best friends. For the most part, however, you will find civility and comraderie in the members of the FG forums. Mostly, I think this is because we like it that way!

But, that's just my take on this. (And, sorry I can't help out with the technical question.)

Later.
    Ramza
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Agreed with Ramza.

If you want to make your life simple, why not just rewrite the equation in an expanded form? I am pretty sure that the code in FG reads the equation and processes it Re:Bedmas, OTOH, try it out in sequential form. It may work.

Also, why do you need to do this equation? Is this something that is an automated function? If so, why not wait until 2.0 comes out with the LUA support? You will be able to make your calculation for sure then.

Also, think twice before posting things like this:

That's the most useless stupid arse about face reply possible, why not elaborate rather than smugly wandering in here, stating its possible and then pissing off again!
    I have been around here since the beginning, and the one thing that I can say about these boards is that the people are friendly and helpful here. Chances are that Cantstanzya was working on a solution for you, and now, does he have any reason to post the reply after reading a blatent attack like that?

Just some food for thought.

Sandeman
    Last edited by kalmarjan; June 28th, 2006 at 15:54.
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

That forumla I posted is a way of doing what i was after and includes the formula for a (mod) b, figuring out the direct formula was not the problem, it was stating that it was possible to do it and no more.

Because he didn't expand I have no way to know if he simply ment using the direct derived method or trying some trick.

Oh and sorry for snapping, XML makes me grouchy I guess.
    Last edited by ducbian; June 28th, 2006 at 16:42.

Quote Originally Posted by ducbian
    I was mearly saying it is possible. I was answering your question. A response asking how to do it would have led to me providing you with a solution. There is no sense in me taking my time to create a solution if you only wanted to know becuase you were curious if it were possible. Had you given specific example of what you wanted to do I wouldn't have replied with "It does if it you get creative". I would have given the solution. You asked a simple question, I gave a simple answer.

Thread Information